Metalcore mix feedback

RLS

New Metal Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello people, I'm new to the forum and I hope that I might be able to receive some feedback on the first mix for a band that I have been working for some time now. I've been asking people for feedback on what do they think and received some mixed opinions and I guess that is due to their inability to define what do they like or dislike. When I reference the mix with other metalcore songs I tend to find that the guitars sound thin and a bit harsh, but when I try and lower the corresponding frequencies I lose them in the mix. I have about 20 versions of the project so far and a bit desperately I'm considering purchasing some additional impulse responses that I've heard demo of and think could do a better job (rosen american custom). The guitar sound is designed using various plugins such as TSE 808 v2, Poulin LeCto, Recabinet 4 with SM57 on and off axis mix with a mesa and engl style cabs. Bass is TSE B.O.D. v2, drums are SD2. Would really appreciate some constructive critique for what I've done so far. :dopey:

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/realiesone/betrayed/s-eJ4vq[/SOUNDCLOUD]