Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
Didn't see this one coming.......

MICHAEL EDEN DEPARTS EDEN'S CURSE:
Eden's Curse
vocalist Michael Eden has released this statement:

To the fans and press that have supported Eden's Curse -

"I've decided to depart Eden's Curse because I can't support the "trophy vision" Eden's Curse has become during the last few months. When it becomes more about "the trophy" and less about real professional business and the needed success it truly takes to stay afloat, it leaves many unresolved questions.
Anyone who runs a business will tell you there are profits and losses expected the first few years in any business. Eden's Curse became a chess game and that was unacceptable on all levels to me as the guy who formed the band. I will not allow anyone to devalue the band while I'm in it. If you play for minimum fees as a band you "set your worth" and that word gets out you can be obtained cheaply. Why pay more when you can pay less? This became the reason we toured very little. Nobody wanted to pay fees that made sense and many tours were looked at believe me.
I became the pawn in the game and that's okay. I excused myself from the party because honestly the "figure heads" bored me to tears. Breaking even financially is for guys who take holidays and play rock star on other people's money. Ryan Northrop (Metal Mayhem Music/USA) was one of the many who spent large amounts of money so others could wear the big boy pants and play Rock Star in front of people who didn't know the wiser. Why leave now some might ask? The real question is why did I stay so long? I was holding onto something that was not there to begin with.
Some learn from mistakes and some pretend they never make any.
I'll be around, count on it!!!

Thanks for your belief, loyalty and support ~ Michael Eden.

I guess there's something in the air at the moment :lol: Looking forward to seeing who they choose as their new frontman!

And there's more......

MICHAEL EDEN TALKS DEPARTURE FROM EDEN'S CURSE, MUDSLINGING AND SO MUCH MORE:
Press Release: "Michael Eden announced his departure from Eden's Curse … and then the shit hit the metaphorical fan. Because of the fallout, the lack of any public communication from the band itself, the negative and erroneous info being slung around the Internet, Eden is doing one, all-encompassing interview to put the final nail in the coffin and give you the exact truth about what happened. Why he left, if money was one of the reasons, his relationship with each band mate, what he has learned from the experience, why he is going to make a new Eden's Curse in America … and so much more. This two-hour interview covers everything from touring to in-fighting to the fact he absolutely wishes the band the best of luck in their search to find someone who can actually replace his voice and contributions to the legacy thus far.
Hardrock Haven has been a friend of the band since their inception; they even put an interview with Pamela Moore, Paul Logue and Michael Eden on the EP Condemned to Burn. There is a long history here, and that's why Eden came to Hardrock Haven — the only place on earth you will hear this interview. Never one to hold back when he feels strongly about something, tune in now to hear the exclusive interview with Eden and why Eden's Curse is as far behind him as he can put it … but also straight ahead of him."
To hear the entire interview (which is cut into four 30-minute sections), head to: hardrockhaven.net/online/2011/michael-eden-ex-edens-curse/.

[MR Note: This interview wasn't easy to listen to. There aren't many that are spared a serve in this interview including all ex-band mates, many of this website's Noticeboard regulars (big time), Firefest, Talon and more. Be warned...].