Mikael's live quotes

Luann

Apr 5, 2008
Argentina
Let's compile all the funny quotes from the man.
I just readed the "you guys are so inmature" and thought about this.

At Wacken, first thing he said (in the pouring rain) was "I bet there are lots of wet girls out there!"

Same gig, to introduce Master's Apprentice's he just said "If you don't know this one, you're a fucking cunt!"

Brixton Academy, Defenders of the Faith -"So we have a new album called Watershed, we think its pretty cool. KD Lang also has an album called Watershed just out..... What the fuck!"

Memorable ones off the top of my head.

"mendez will soon post an autobiography on the nasty side effects of smoking marijuana"

"our music is pretty...but we are not dirty cunts....we are not fucking emo"

"i love you too....just not in that kind of way..."

"We have a new album out called watershed who likes it?"

*crowd cheers*

"I said do you like it?!"

*crowd cheers louder*

"Does anyone here not like the new album?"

*a few people cheer*

"Guards, kill them."

haha cant think of anymore at the moment.

Hahaha man that's awesome. The only ones I can remember right now are;

"This is our new guitarist... I bet a lot of you hate this guy, right?" *some people cheer* Then Mikael started to say something into the mic but started laughing before he could finish...

"You like my new guitar?" *cheers* "Yeah it's a paul reed smith... we've tuned them to loads of open tunings because we're just fucking gay like that" *most of the crowd stands in silence whilst I piss myself laughing*

"What does a squirrel do in the summer? It buries nuts. Why? Cos then in winter time he's got something to eat and he won't die. So, collecting nuts in the summer is worthwhile work. Every task you do at work think, would a squirrel do that? Think squirrels. Think nuts."

Just before Serenity Painted Death
'This guitar, ain't it beautiful? 24 carrot gold, with diamonds!
Lots of children died for this guitar'

Just before the encore songs
'Sorry about that, Mendez needed to take a piss!'

"We have a new album out called watershed who likes it?"

*crowd cheers*

"I said do you like it?!"

*crowd cheers louder*

"Does anyone here not like the new album?"

*a few people cheer*

"Guards, kill them."

haha cant think of anymore at the moment.

HAHA best!

From Turkey,20th of June:
"how's the game going? are you winning? sweden lost. to the russians the other night. so i don't give a fuck about football anymore."
"we are from sweden. we are a long way from home. we're very happy to be here. our band, is called opeth. we come from sweden. we are a long, long way from home. we're very, very, very happy to be here."
Just before Heir Apparent:"this song... i wrote a lyric, for this song... it was about... tits! it's not about tits anymore. but, i think of them all the time."
(someone gives mike a record of Ibrahim Tatlıses,who is a Turkish arabesque-folk musician) "i really love this guy. i already have this album actually. a song from blackwater park... we're not going to play this one now, but next time. this song.. is called bleak. we actually wrote that right after hearing ibo."
"we love you guys. we love you so much, that... well, if i didn't have a wife.. mhmhmgm"
"we want to come back a thousand times."
"we're going to play a song... and if you know whose song that is, we'll play our songs. if you don't... we'll play you roxette songs instead. [crowd stays silent] it was a judas priest song. so now, we'll play you the look by roxette. .... actually, i fucking hate roxette."
"we were going to play more songs from the new album... but we've been busy with kids and stuff like that... so we didn't have time to rehearse... we don't know how to play the songs yet."
Just before Serenity Painted Death:"we're going to play a song now... that we never play... because it's very difficult to play. so we don't like playing it. it's a good song, but we don't like to play it. ... we don't like to play this fucking song."
"we usually play one encore... but as you know... you get two!"

wacken
"the next song is called the leper affinity...and if you don't headbang, you're a fuckin' pussy"

"soilwork is playing over there. shit, I wanted to see them. anyway, they come from the south of sweden. there only live fuckin farmers"

Wiltern, LA
"If you don't like this song, it means that you're a retard. So this is like... a big IQ test."

"It's little Rock n Roll tune, very soft."

*Plays Deliverance*

"So we have a new album called Watershed, we think its pretty cool. KD Lang also has an album called Watershed just out..... What the fuck!"

Then at the end of the show he was naming all of the band members, and when it was mendez's turn he said "and martin mendez was also on this album" it was just random but funny at the time lol

"Tonight, I am your boss and you...are my employees. This means you do whatever the fuck I say, without pay."

Random guy: I want a raise!

(after a song)

"You guys did well on that one, your raise is 60 seconds of gloating at my crotch" *moves guitar to display crotch area to crowd*