Modern death metal that sopunds like its straight out the late 80s early 90s

JoeyUK78

Aug 9, 2010
Horsham, West Sussex, UK.
so the era i got into death metal was the early 90s (around 92-94) but i also love stuff a little older too so bands like:
Obituary
Morbid Angel
Malevolent Creation
Exhorder
Suffocation
Dismember
early Sepultura
Death

While a lot of these bands are "back" making records or never went away i would like to hear some new bands with a similar sound.
I like plenty of more modern stuff like Decapitated, Vader, But i want something maybe less tech and more old school if you can dig that?

(Lyrical themes about gore, horror, etc especially welcome)

He definitely doesnt want Deicide or Cannibal Corpse.

While a lot of these bands are "back" making records or never went away i would like to hear some new bands with a similar sound.

Cardiac Arrest
Deathevokation

Edit: got this reply in the death metal thread when I asked for newer bands playing osdm

Some of my favorites off the top of my head:

Necrovation
Ignivomous
Vasaeleth
Dead Congregation
Morbider
Winterwolf
The Dead
Cardiac Arrest

Quality stuff, I just didnt want to steal credit cuz brooks is a cool guy. :kickass:

Deathevokation
Ares Kingdom
Necrovation
Decrepitaph
Hooded Menace
Church Bizarre
Grave Miasma
Ribspreader

I highly recommend Ignivomous.
Also go get Infester's To The Depths... In Degradation.

been checking these all out on myspace some great stuff guys thanks for all your suggestions - especially enjoyed Ares Kingdom, Jungle Rot, Dead Congregation, Cardiac Arrest, Hooded Menace and Deathevokation now just need to find a decent place to buy the cds from in uk/urope

430037.jpg

Bloodbath-ResurrectionThroughCarnage.jpg

17459.jpg

17461.jpg

db2.jpg

Death%20Breath%20-%20Let%20It%20Stink.jpg

a682a9d167f2.jpg

22756.jpg

unleashed+album.jpg

20084.jpg

I only like first wave influence. Anything that does not resemble first wave do not like.