Most annyoing radio hits now and then

Jackehh

Oct 9, 2007
Alright fellas time to release that anger inside you and rant about it here!

Which radio songs annoys you the most that is currently being played, or previously been played on your local ROCK radio. (Mainstream channels are too obvious)

As for me, my vote goes on limp biscuit's (or however you spell it) Behind Blue Eyes. This song annoys me so much not only because its awful but also because its such a mainstream icon in rock. Also I should mention that sweden's "badass" radio that brags with their motto "We play what we want" plays this song all the time!

fire away!

Eagles - "Hotel California" and "One Of These Nights" (actually, any song by The Eagles for that matter)
Kansas - "Carry On Wayward Son" and "Dust In The Wind"
Argent - "Hold Your Head Up"
Golden Earring - "Radar Love"
Derek & The Dominoes - "Layla"
Gerry Rafferty - "Baker Street"
Queensryche - "Empire"
Rush - "Tom Sawyer"
anything from the first Boston album
anything by Bachman-Turner Overdrive

Some of these are not necessarily bad songs, merely songs that have been overplayed on classic rock radio to the point where no one wants (or needs) to hear them ever again.

Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love. Gems such as Ten Years Gone or Rain Song would be preferred.
Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama. " " Tuesday's Gone or Simple Man " ".

Not a fan of Nickelback or most of Foo Fighters' late catalogue.

The new fucking Kid Rock songs. The one where he just takes Sweet Home Alabama, and just writes different lyrics to it is particularly annoying.

Radio? I so rarely listen....

My wife turns the station every time "Old Time Rock n' Roll" by Bob Seger comes on. I never understood how Hootie & the Blowfish made it, when Darius Rucker is so consistently flat. It makes my insides hurt.

If I had to pick 3,

Len - Steal My Sunshine

Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles

Nazareth - Hair of the Dog
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEG0-3xlAkg&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything by Nickelback.

1+ on that one, but limp biscuit is still worst.

Also to continue on the contemporary theme, you guys reckon that the so called "metal" stations only play metalcore nowadays? Damn thats also one whole genre of annoying music

No doubt that "Classic Rock Radio" has ruined a lot of otherwise good songs for me, simply because they play them over and over and over.... I love AC/DC, they've certainly earned their reputation as one of the best live rock acts ever. But if I never hear "You Shook me All Night Long" again, that's just fine by me. We have a couple of stations here in Texas that insist on playing it every hour on the hour, it seems. Same goes for most songs by Lynyrd Skynyrd. I used to love Rush's Tom Sawyer when I was a kid, but that's another one that's been run into the ground by local radio. Makes me want to scream "You know, those guys have a 30 year old catalog! They really do have more then just that one song!" Oh well, maybe it's a good thing they haven't gotten their hands on 2112. Otherwise they would just end up ruining it for me too.

For me, Paranoid by Black Sabbath. I have nothing against Black Sabbath, they're the godfathers of metal! But the fact that this song was written as a joke/filler, makes me wonder why it gets so much play time.

Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
Pearl Jam - Jeremy is the worst offender..but pretty much anything by them.
Aerosmith - Janie's Got a Gun, Love in an Elevator, Angel, etc..
Metallica - Nothing Else Matters, The Unforgiven & Enter Sandman
RHCP - Give It Away. As if it wasn't bad enough on the radio, one of my coworkers sings it occasionally and drives me insane.

That "Hey There Delilah" song or whatever by some one hit wonder band. Total crap.

No doubt that "Classic Rock Radio" has ruined a lot of otherwise good songs for me, simply because they play them over and over and over.... I love AC/DC, they've certainly earned their reputation as one of the best live rock acts ever. But if I never hear "You Shook me All Night Long" again, that's just fine by me. We have a couple of stations here in Texas that insist on playing it every hour on the hour, it seems. Same goes for most songs by Lynyrd Skynyrd. I used to love Rush's Tom Sawyer when I was a kid, but that's another one that's been run into the ground by local radio. Makes me want to scream "You know, those guys have a 30 year old catalog! They really do have more then just that one song!" Oh well, maybe it's a good thing they haven't gotten their hands on 2112. Otherwise they would just end up ruining it for me too.

Excellent point. If I hear AC/DC's TNT ever again...

It's like they decide, "These songs are the only ones that matter by these artists." It's terrible. Like people want to just hear the same shit for going on, what, 40 years now for stuff like Hendrix? Enough already. Let's hear some deep cuts! A sprinkling of the classics would be okay. But seriously.... like you said, Rush is so much more than Tom Sawyer and the Spirit of Radio...