Movies you like that no one else does

Does this fit here? :lol: Everyone I know loves this movie!

It's a very obscure movie, and if it was in theatres it was never hyped or made allot of money at the box office. It's a really great movie with some memorable action scenes, which is why it's such a shame that Ultra Violet sucked, I had high hopes for that one as it was from the same director.

I hardly hear Equillibrium mentioned in the same regard as the Matrix, and I think it was just as ground breaking for the action in it's time.

It's a very obscure movie, and if it was in theatres it was never hyped or made allot of money at the box office. It's a really great movie with some memorable action scenes, which is why it's such a shame that Ultra Violet sucked, I had high hopes for that one as it was from the same director.

I hardly hear Equillibrium mentioned in the same regard as the Matrix, and I think it was just as ground breaking for the action in it's time.

Ahhh, I see. Point taken:) And yes, those action sequences are just ... wow

Christian Bale's performance also aided this movie, I thought. He has quickly become one of my favorite actors. If anyone has seen The Machinist, then you know that he is certainly willing to do whatever it takes physically to get into a role, and that goes for American Psycho too.

a few more....
  • better off dead
  • evil dead/evil dead II/army of darkness
  • practical magic
  • down with love
  • velvet goldmine

@Pellaz - that is wicked cool that a Starfire sword was featured in Willow - i did not know that!

Like RiffDaemon stated, we all post movies most of us like. I've watched Better Off Dead enough times where even now I can recall the whole movie vivedly. I guess it is very subjective to what defines the makeup of everybody that doesn't like the movie you like.

We probably won't have a real movie deserving of the thread until someone posts "Teen Witch" or "Ernest Scared Stupid".

*GOOD FELLAS (all that mafia stuff.. i love it).
*THE WARRIORS (gangs in new york)
*SEA INSIDE (about euthanasia)
*THE CITIZEN KANE (such a wonderful performance!!)
*WHAT DREAMS MAY COME (It makes me cry)

Am I corny? yep... just a little bit...and my boyfriend doesn't like that movies...

heh, I loved The Warriors... "all right you boppers, the Baseball Furies dropped the ball...they made an error..."

Now I've got "In the City" stuck in my head....great song. :)

Have you played the video game? It was all sorts of fun.

What Dreams May Come - Not the greatest movie by any stretch of the imagination, but it's an interesting perspective on life after death, and certainly depicts a cruel afterlife for those who commit suicide. This movie just got destroyed by critics when it came out but I really enjoy it.

I was required to watch this movie last semester in my humanities class and I absolutely LOVED it!! It had to have been so cool for the director/producer etc. to just let their imaginations run wild when making this film....I loved the detail. It's one of those movies that you could watch 1000 times and always find something new to appreciate....What do those movie critics know anyways?? ;)