Mozart - the band, not the composer

Ruthven

Sep 13, 2003
Anyone remember these guys? Anyone know what happened to them? Their album (also titled "Mozart" - real helpful when trying to look up info, guys) was a little weak but they had promise. Their role model was Queen, and anyone drawing from that well is welcome in my eyes (and ears!). In my opinion, you're not going to do much better than be inspired by Queen's early material particularly. The music was just good theatrical hard rock that they tried to sell as "metal," but really wasn't. They basically got El Shafto, but I'd like to think that the members are still making Queen-inspired music.

well, I'll pipe in and comment...

I had the good pleasure of seeing them a couple times at a Hollywood club when I lived in California. Sometime afterwards, I was able to buy that album you speak of - on a cassette. I thought it was a bit better than a "little weak", but definitely agree that it didn't match their live performance.

Oddly, they slipped off the radar. They had this huge promise and appeared destined for greatness - then a big promo push never happened and suddenly they stopped playing shows...

I too have often wondered what became of them
Martin

I just sensed that they could have made a better album based on their style. There are some good songs there (and I love their cover of Sting's "Fortress Around Your Heart"), but I wish they had better luck on finessing their music.