Music - my home...

Inth

-=Death=-
Nov 24, 2003
Warsaw [Poland]
palin.blog.pl
Hi there
I thought that it would be great to know which one of you is a musician??
Please, write something about your instrument, way of practice, way of playing.
If you have any photo of Your instrument, it will be nice to see it...
Maybe we could share some experience...maybe we could advise something each other.

best regards
Inth :devil:

"...I have no home
...my home is music..." - Vincent Cavangh

djx.gif

Inth said:
Hi there
write something about your instrument, way of practice, way of playing.
If you have any photo of Your instrument, it will be nice to see it...
Maybe we could share some experience...maybe we could advise something each other.
:D

i play the piano and i just sit down and put me hands on and bang away playing quality Scott Joplin ragtime pieces, it's great, but they are quite hard to play and i don't practice much so it's gone a bit arse upwards lately and I'm lazy.

My guitars are like that :

img011_jpg.jpg

ibaneze.jpg

+ A Washburn Mercury purprle electric guitar and an old classical guitar.

I play in some bands :

Drifting Breed : www.driftingbreed.com ( mp3 + video site under construction )
Cedar Falls : Stoner like
Surgikal Waste : electro grindcore and acoustic covers of Anathema

and also.... HUSH !

END OF PROMO

i play an oval shaped roadstar series Ibanez (note the bridge and string-change-privileges :D), and i use a computer for the lot - a stupid little prog but udderly handy: SoundClub95
my stuff is merely demo stuff, cos i didnt yet have the chance to record it properly

btw, good effort mate, this thread

edit: :heh: and i use this baby

I play the guitar, write songs and sing. I have Ibanez SA160QM & Epiphone Les Paul Special electric guitars (plus an old strat that I got dirt cheap) and a Walden D510C semi-acoustic. I use a Zoom 505II and an Ibanez thrash metal pedal(crap pedal by the way.. I was given it) as effects, and a Marshall combo.

my main inspiration for my songwriting are post-Eternity Anathema, Led Zeppelin and a bit of Opeth(definitely no death metal though), but I think my music still has its own character. I occasionally do feel like revisiting my metal roots and play some thrash/death/doom for fun. and the only time I play lead it's improvised bluesy stuff similar to Hendrix & Page.

Well I play guitar. But only for about three years now. I'm currently taking guitarlessons from a private teacher. It goes pretty well :Spin:

I own a cheap electric Squier with an also cheap amp. Besides that I own an acoustic Ibanez (with cutaway) that was pretty expensive. It was worth it though because it plays very nice and smooth, and it looks great.

Anyway, I haven't played in a band so far, but I often think I'd like to...

So If there are any Belgians around here (from the limburg aria would be nice) wanting to start up a band , let me know!! :) Style to start of with : newer anathema, porcupine tree, nick drake, pink floyd, air, jeff buckley, led zeppelin (ouchhhhh)....

Well, I play bass. I've got 2, my main one is a Washburn Force 4 which is a sexy little beasty:

http://www.washburn.com/products/bass/force4.shtm

then i've got my first bass which is an Antoria copy of a Gibson EB3, which is okay, but it's falling to bits now.

I play through a Hartke rig, HA3500 head & 410TP 4 x 10 cab

http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=16&brandID=3

Then I also use a Zoom 607 multi-effects unit:

http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=348&brandID=4

Also play acoustic guitar, which is a cheap ass Yamaha, but does the job :)

I sing i a band named GARDEN OF DECAY - http://www.gardenofdecay.be.tf - I write half of the lyrics (ther half is the bass player and the female singer) and I only write about images and symbols, a bit Dark Tranquillity like. We play some crossover between Iron Maiden, After Forever and Dark Tranquillity...

And this is me:

fespival16.JPG

Sorry, but it's the only average picture of me fat ass singing I can find on the internet... Ciderbreath have some other ones... :D

Judge gsz said:
Well, this is the music I like most... Even before I knew Anathema I liked this kind of stuff. And yes, this is the direction I would like to go with a band someday, without copying any of these bands...
good luck ;)
love to hear it someday mate

I've answered to a similar thread some times ago, but here we go. I sing in a finnish band called N. Can't say what our style is tho. sometimes heavy, often not, sometimes I scream and othertimes I don't :D We're gonna do a new four track ep in a near future (finally, after two years, haha).

here you can find some pics even tho it's in finnish. it's pretty simple to navigate, eh. www.window.to/N (sorry for the pop-ups and a banner, we're gonna move those pages somewhere else)

My band is called Arren and we play melodic black/death.
I play on lead guitar and do the vocals [scream]
We already recorded a 4 track Demo titled Arise
In february 2004 we will record our second Demo.

I have two electric guitars:
black copy of Les Paul
and this beauty ; )
I'v worked 5 months to buy it
gitara.jpg

I use Digitech RP6 effect processor [old one but it works]
Soundman 50W amp
and an old one called Unitra eltron 50W haha ;)

I prefer Ernie Ball strings :Custom Gauge 9 [steel]
I prefer Jim dunlop's 1mm plecture

I hope to put here a link to our mp3 soon.

best regards
Inth