music videos

opacity

Sep 17, 2001
[lower austria]
if you'd be director of music videos, what would be your story line for a song? (choose yourself which one(s) )

or no story at all but pure live-sequences?

id do one in hollywood where i would get a tattoo and my band would all be jiggin with da bling bling all over my pimp ride and there would be all these bitches n hoez washing the car and somehow getting all there clothes wet and everyone would be like durr boobies in flames touch of red is my favorite song now

i'd try to follow the story-line of the actual song-text.
but if I couldn't find a proper context, i'd create some fantasy artwork :D
either way, i would avoid too many live sequences - there's mostly nothing exciting going on (some guys playing and singing, maybe some light-show, some pyros... but that's it. - boring for a video, imo)

do you have specific songs on your minds for which you would like to make a video?

Erik said:
id do one in hollywood where i would get a tattoo and my band would all be jiggin with da bling bling all over my pimp ride and there would be all these bitches n hoez washing the car and somehow getting all there clothes wet and everyone would be like durr boobies in flames touch of red is my favorite song now
::cracks whip::

opacity said:
i'd try to follow the story-line of the actual song-text.

if i could, i would have made a dozen videos!

i was just interested in people's imagination regarding music videos. what they would produce, their visions, etc.

I would show the band better, its so shit when they show the band when there doing somthing normal, and when theres a mega rev pile out (Lamb of god, ruin film clip, 3 sec drum solo) they dont even show the musician or they show a shitty ass angle.

*and i don't meen the musician as in i want a close up of his face smiling, i want to see every last hit he does or fret he plays for that mega moment

The Amenta's video for Erebus(I think thats the right song) is probably the best metal video I've seen.

Erik said:

Hasn't that video already been done before, though? "Touch of Red" is perhaps the best song on Soundtrack to Your Escape, which is quite possibly the best In Flames release.

Call of the Wintermoon is fucking horrible, so is Mother North, and most of the other few and far between black metal videos out there.

id say the rhapsody videos are pretty good.. possibly the cheesiest thing ive ever seen was the one featuring that guy from lotr, anyone know a link to it?

a friend of mine did a video for Pig Destroyer's Piss Angel for some film class he took. it's actually pretty good. if i wasn't stuck on slow ass dial up, i'd try to host it somewhere.