Music you used to listen to and now you cringe that you used to listen to it?

Honestly, I can't think of any. Still love AC/DC (Bon Scott era), I DID own Hysteria, but that was the LAST DL cd I bought.

Ok, thought of a couple hand me down records from My Sister:

Herman's Hermits
Dino, Desi, & Billy

No longer anywhere near my collection, iirc, I think I accidentally barfed on the Herman's Hermits record.....

absolutely none, I've always been selective and never got into a band because it was a trend, any band I liked was because of what they brought to the table.

I still have my Hysteria vinyl but never listen to it, at the time I bought it they werent all radio hits... yet... so theres no longer a need to play it.

Some of the old fusion is a bit too abrasive for frequent listening these days but I still play them once in awhile.

JD - I've had that Dino, Desi and Billy album since the early 70's, same deal, some older friend gave it to me, I think I played it little more than twice... lol

How about, the soundtrack to Sonic Adventure on Dreamcast. It primed me for cheesy 80's metal when I was 14, but nowadays, woah. That's some bad stuff.

absolutely none, I've always been selective and never got into a band because it was a trend, any band I liked was because of what they brought to the table.

Same here.

I don't feel embarrassed about what a listen to and even though my taste has changed a lot over the years, I still find some enjoyment listening to those I loved 8 or 10 years ago.

Unfortunately being influenced by a bigger brother's awful taste in music when I was younger sucked.

Sevendust. Godsmack. Chevelle. Disturbed.

You get the idea. Sucks but now I can happily say I have progressed to much bigger and better things... Symphony X. Alice in Chains. Opeth. Pantera. Porcupine Tree.

However I do like to listen to an occasional Sevendust song...just because the singer has got an amazing voice when he uses it for what he does.

Funny you brought this up
I was just talking to friends at my local hangout the other day , someone was at the jukebox playing Foreigner and Bad company and I was saying god i used to think they were cool when i was growing up
Well sad to say the first time i played drums was to Bad company cant' get enough of your love Dam that hurt's to think about
But I am 43 and that was what we got back then

I quickly started getting into Metal , Jam bands , Blues ,Jazz , Fusion and Prog rock tho so I made it past all the radio crap that we still here now. Don't get me wrong there are some great commercial bands out there but radio seems to play the same shit over and over and over.
But now at my age I mostly listen to SX , DT , CM , opeth and so on , What a huge differance Huh?

Actually, that's pretty much the same with me! The bands that I was really into as a kid, like Tom Petty, Stone Temple Pilots, The Smashing Pumpkins etc, I still enjoy a great deal. There was a period of about 6 months when I was into pop punk, though. Looking back on that now..:puke::puke::puke:

Oh man, I don't know if I should say this...when I was 13-ish, I used to like Poisen....sorry metalheads....

I still like Disturbed, great riffs, I still like Bad Company as much as I ever did which was luke warm, love the song Seagull though. Foreigner, Poison and Smashing Pumkins always got the radio changed quickly. I do still play some old pop metal occasionally for reminicing or partying, select songs by Whitesnake, Doken, Def Leppard, Kingdomcome, Great White, Steelheart, Cinderella, Firehouse, one in particular by White Lion - Leave Me Alone and my Sam Halen always comes out in the spring... gotta have it. Then theres my old 70's stuff, hell I even put on a play list of Buddy Holly and other old RnR sometimes. I play Sinatra, Glenn Miller and still enjoy some bubblegum pop from my preteen years, like The Shondells. I have no shame, my musical taste reaches pretty far, yet somehow I can be closed minded too.

One that did come to mind was Black Oak Arkansas, we thought they were so cool but I have to laugh when I listen back, still Tommy Aldrich(sp) on the drums was worth listening to and Jim Dandy this off the wall predecessor to David Lee Roth.