musicians seeking musicians

If you cannot commit to the following several items then stop reading and move on:

Willing to practice every Tuesday and Thursday starting at 5pm sharp
Willing to be on time all the time, no exceptions (aside from family emergencies)
Willing to be committed and make this band a top priority
Drug usage or anything that might effect your ability to be committed in the long run does not need to exist.
Think of this band as a business, if you're having a bad day leave it at the front door. We're here to write music and excel in everything we do.

Serious inquiries this is what you need to be able to do:

Be able to alternate pick to speeds up to 240-250 bpm
Show a proficiency in various picking patterns and rhythms.
Be open to ideas involving power, progressive, melodic, and thrash metal.
Be able to show us writing potential with previously listed metal styles.

Capability to do lead work is a big plus, but be prepared to serve primarily as the rhythm guitarist with opportunities to dabble in dual-lead guitar work.
Capability to sing/provide back up vocals is a plus, but not required.
Knowledge of Theory is a plus, but not required (be open to learning the basic principles of theory.)
Long Hair is a definite plus, but obviously not required.
We're also looking for someone that has live experience, charisma, and the ability to put on one hell of a show--so any video you have of yourself on stage can be submitted for review upon completing your music audition.

gear needed:
You need at least two guitars.
You must have a half stack or the equivalent to match the sound/power of such.
Tuner is always a plus.

You will need to bring your own gear to the audition as we can't provide you with the materials you need. You can bring a smaller amp to audition if you wish, or your whole rig.

Serious inquiries only: Auditions will be starting Tuesday June 24th at 5pm and every Tuesday and Thursday following, If you are wanting to try out message us or call for an audition time

Val Allen Wood - 404.345.8502
http://www.myspace.com/eclipsedbysanity
You can also e-mail us at eclipsedbysanity (at) yahoo (dot) com

some of our accomplishments include
Opening for Dark Tranquillity, Divine Heresy, Firewind, Circle II Circle, War of Ages, and other bands.
We are scheduled to open for Kamelot on October 11th 2008
We are also scheduled for a ProgPowerUSA preshow appearance opening for Circle II Circle for the second time in our career as a band.
We are very serious in what we are doing, bringing a definitive sound to Atlanta's metal scene.
We just cut a studio demo which is currently being reviewed, so please keep an open mind when listening to the rough self recordings on our myspace.

Tight, creative and reliable drummer wanted for a committed and professional extreme/progressive metal band in London. The band is self-managed, has played at major music festivals and circuit venues. Self-released first album now distributed internationally, recording second album in early 2009.

Own kit and transport required, ideally with a lot of live experience. Fast and tight double pedal skills essential, blasting ability is a bonus!

More info and music at:

www.myspace.com/deprofundisuk

Modern heavy progressive band is currently seeking a new drummer and keyboardist.

Our music ranges from heavy and sick to airy and light. Influences include: Dream Theater, Pain of Salvation, Sun Caged, Porcupine Tree, Opeth...

Thanks!

in the California O.C/ L.A area must be over 21 and have gear and transportation, the people who have heard the name know what we sound like if not just go to www.myspace.com/tazumal to hear a sample of the material.

influences are brujeria, malevolent creation, slayer, napalm death demolition hammer etc.

Yeah, I'm looking for a prog metal/rock band in Austin TX. I play bass. PM me if you know of anything. Or IM me on AIM. :kickass:

Currently trying to start up a band with some friends. We have a house, 2 Guitarists, and a keyboardist. Need a drummer and bassist or vocalist. If your in the West palm beach area oranywhere close send me an AIM: Lion Heart EGT

Guitarist looking for band, or to start a band in or anywhere close to Roanoke Virginia.

Looking to play mostly originals, but I'm even down for some covers at this point, I just want to play.

Been playing 10 years, and am looking to play just about any kind of metal. My main influences are Metallica, All That Remains, Opeth, In Flames, Nevermore, Iced Earth, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Soilwork and Dream Theater to name a few...

I have a degree through Elon University in general music w a minor in jazz. Though I'm happy to play with anyone at any level: it's more about the music you play and know than what you know about music.

I really like tunes that change their pace throughout, or at least are made up of a good deal of riffs, and I'm a sucker for harmonized passages. Just some bits that I'd like to see in some original tunes.

I can also play bass if anyone in the area needs a bassist.:loco:

Anyway, hadn't seen anyone post from the area, so damnit, I'm throwin one out.

hit me w a pm if your interested

Cease

Progressive Metal band highly influenced by opeth/dreamtheater/between the buried and me/cynic looking for a bassist in the central new jersey area. [hunterdon/warren county] all 18-19 years old.. looking for an experienced bassist with good equipment and most importantly is a dude!

Don't underestimate chick bass players there train. The best bassists I've played with have been females - also All That Remains' bassist is a chick and she rips it.