Musicians vs. Non-musicians

Ibsen said:
I have also begun to appreciate classical music as well as the quality in other forms of music. And to think that a year and a half a go I was listening to the ultimate in poser music.
This is the effect of learning to play an instrument.

ok heres my take on metal and being a musician. When I was in highschool I was all over punk, Strungout, bigwig, belvedere, 88 fingers louie.......then all of that punk started to go the way of the shitty pop crap that is punk now. A punk lable released a cd called Punk Goes Metal. on that cd there was Strungout doing Bark at the Moon (I suggest everyone downloads that song right now.) and Bigwig doing a cover of War Ensemble. It was at that moment that I got turned to metal. I busted out my old metallica cds, master of puppets and justice. and I went and bought 3 excellent Slayer Cd's. and my friend let me have his cannible corpse cd. (gotta love hammer smashed face) I had been playing punk on guitar for I think a year. My love for metal grew and grew, with CoB, dimmu, Nile, tons of powermetal. I then realized that all the punk I was listening to was super easy to play (and I sucked at guitar if that means anything) and that the metal I was listening to was impossible to play. I completely dropped punk and became a full time metal head. When I still hear blast beats I get goose bumps, listening to a wicked solo makes me realize how awesome metal is and how talented some of those guys really are. I will forever be a metal head. If it isnt the Death and Black metal its the Power metal and Heavy Metal. I love it all. Metal will never die!!! :headbang:

Before I became a musician, I liked alot of different music, some for its complexity, some for its basicality, and some for the writing. You know what, I still like all those songs and all those bands. I just have a little deeper appreciation for them.

It doesn't take a musician to tell if a band sucks or not.. a musician just understands music more than the average person, but that doesn't really have anything to do with whether a band is good or bad. Music is all about conveying emotion, so musicianship, technique, none of that is important ultimately.

I belive that musicians are able to analyze the music better and it affects their musical taste in a better way..... (at most)
however musicians are a minority and non musicians are a lot more.... numbers guys.
Not every fan is a musician but every musician is a fan

When non musicians hear something and musicians here something it is very different no doubt.