My bands new video (Wearing Scars - Stand Alone)

TheIllusionist

Chris Clancy
Dec 6, 2008
UK
www.audioworksproductions.co.uk
Bit heavier with this one but we wanted to show the other sound of the band as the first single was more radio friendly.

As per my last post with the previous video I posted a while back, this was recorded, produced and mixed in the box using Pro Tools 10, a Kemper and a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 on zero budget by myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds great, definitely one of my more favorite bands lately. Still sounds like ATR to me (older).

Really good.
Bass players don't get enough credit most of the time, but the bass playing on this is outstanding.
A couple of arrangement things make it less than perfect for me.
Firstly, the lead lines under the chorus are a bit of a non event for me. You have buried them to leave the vocal up front. I would probably have dropped them.
Secondly, the transition from the instrumental break after the first chorus into the second verse could be better IMO. The second verse sort of wanders in rather than having impact.
I'm probably being over critical because it is pretty amazing as is. Just thought I would share my thoughts.

Really good.
Bass players don't get enough credit most of the time, but the bass playing on this is outstanding.
A couple of arrangement things make it less than perfect for me.
Firstly, the lead lines under the chorus are a bit of a non event for me. You have buried them to leave the vocal up front. I would probably have dropped them.
Secondly, the transition from the instrumental break after the first chorus into the second verse could be better IMO. The second verse sort of wanders in rather than having impact.
I'm probably being over critical because it is pretty amazing as is. Just thought I would share my thoughts.

Thanks man. I think a lot of it comes down to taste. A lot of the leads are there for more of an energy than an actual musical part which is why the lead in the chorus is buried. I'm a big fan of the lead in the chorus just giving it a subtle lift somehow.