My day with Jeff Loomis

Found a post from an Admin/Developer on the Toontrack support forum re: this...:

"the Korg demo is not Mac Intel compatible, I'm afraid, that's as simple as that."

and...

"There will likely be a Mac Intel compatible demo early next year but right at this stage this cannot be confirmed. Obviously getting the full product to work on the new Macs is the priority. "

Found a post from an Admin/Developer on the Toontrack support forum re: this...:

"the Korg demo is not Mac Intel compatible, I'm afraid, that's as simple as that."

and...

"There will likely be a Mac Intel compatible demo early next year but right at this stage this cannot be confirmed. Obviously getting the full product to work on the new Macs is the priority. "

Thanks dude. The only thing I'm wondering about now, is whether or not Jeff's laptop is an Intel Mac or not...I never said anything on here about it being one, and everyone just started talking about Intel Macs, haha. I know he's had it about six months, but that doesn't tell me what's inside it. I'll ask him and then go from there.

Thanks dude. The only thing I'm wondering about now, is whether or not Jeff's laptop is an Intel Mac or not...I never said anything on here about it being one, and everyone just started talking about Intel Macs, haha. .

Ah...I See. Just checked that thread in the TT Forum again.....someone mentions about it not working in PT 7 either and only workin in Pro Tools 6.xx, but support didn't officially confirm that.

It also mentions that the KorgPad version of DFHS isn't supported by TT which sucks as you need to register the product (Korg versions not accepted) to be able to access the tech support section of their forum.

Thanks dude. The only thing I'm wondering about now, is whether or not Jeff's laptop is an Intel Mac or not...I never said anything on here about it being one, and everyone just started talking about Intel Macs, haha. I know he's had it about six months, but that doesn't tell me what's inside it. I'll ask him and then go from there.
you said Pro Tools 7.1.1 thats the version for Intel Macs

you said Pro Tools 7.1.1 thats the version for Intel Macs

I did say 7.1.1, so Jeff does indeed have an Intel Mac, and that's likely the entire problem. I just wasn't aware that 7.1.1 meant Intel Mac. Thanks for the insight dude :headbang: , now I finally can talk to him with some absolute answers.

So you like that controller? I've been programming for a while, what are the advantages of triggering with something like that?
Uh. This is the first midi controller I have used, so I wouldn't know the benies.:lol: It has a Kaoss pad like feature, so you can run your finger across it for a roll. For DFHS, it's cool. You can make the pads "sensitive" or fixed, considering all the hit types in DFHS. The pads light up, which is tripped out.o_O I'm still trying to get a synced up midi track with the goddamn thing(DFHS).:lol: I have a latency issue, or some shit, but I'll get there. I compared this to the new Akai16 pad controller, and would have goten the Akai, but it was not released yet, and the Korg said DFHS, so I said yeah. So I bought the Korg.

Annnnd while the Korg version won't work on an Intel Mac, the standard version does.

HOWEVER - It's still in beta, right now. It's on it's 3rd, and I still have yet to find any errors with either the VST or the AU beta.

You have to sign up and do all kinds of stupid crap on their forum to get access to the beta downloads, but I think I could hook Loomis up. :lol:

Alright dudes, Jeff is going ahead and buying the standard version of DFHS.
DSS3, is it going to run straight out of the box on his computer, or am I absolutely going to need this beta download in order to get it running?