'Narcosynthesis' cover

Traxan

Mar 10, 2012

Not bad but they didn't do anything with it, just a near note-perfect copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! HOW DID I FUCKING GUESS!!!!!!!! FUCKING ITALIANS!!!!! I KNEW IT!!!!!!

This is the shit I have to deal with on a day to day basis. This is what's killing the metal scene in Italy: people who are really good at their instruments but are absolute shit in doing anything interesting. Ironically, Italians don't know what good singing is...you would think they would have a clue since they fucking invented opera, but noooooooo...totally tonally retarded. Meanwhile, really cool and original bands like Novembre are breaking up. The only thing Italy has left is stoner doom with Ufomammut and Lento and crust bands like The Secret. Everything else is utter shit because of ass clowns like this band.

It's so hilarious...I just played and listened to the first bar of vocals and said to myself, "This sounds like some Italian metal bullshit" and whaddya know! It wasn't even the pronunciation that gave it away because the pronunciation is actually pretty good...it's just that there are no heavy metal singers in Italy...every one of them sucks. I don't know what it is and I can't put my finger on it, but I can tell you from the first ten seconds if it's an Italian metal band, even if they're doing covers. Just about every clean-singing metal band in Italy is fucking awful. Italians have no idea what voice inflection or expression is...it's just flat.

And that makes it worse than being bad because mediocrity is just ugly. Mediocrity will make you angry whereas being terrible is just laughable and forgettable. This is what annoys me the most about bands here who do this crap...it's all just mediocre. It's not enough to get booed off a stage in a pub but you'd never pay money to see it, so they take that and run with it because that's good enough for them. So many young bands here do this.

There is way, way too much hero worship here and it's to the point where there is very little innovation and a whole lot of, "Oh look at what they're doing...let's do that too."

It's so hilarious...I just played and listened to the first bar of vocals and said to myself, "This sounds like some Italian metal bullshit" and whaddya know! It wasn't even the pronunciation that gave it away because the pronunciation is actually pretty good...it's just that there are no heavy metal singers in Italy...every one of them sucks. I don't know what it is and I can't put my finger on it, but I can tell you from the first ten seconds if it's an Italian metal band, even if they're doing covers. Just about every clean-singing metal band in Italy is fucking awful. Italians have no idea what voice inflection or expression is...it's just flat.

Man y'all are brutal.

It's a language thing. English is not a Romance language. The pronunciations and sentence structures are different. That's why my family has been here up to 60 years and still can't pronounce simple words properly, whereas the Italian I learned in school sounded nothing like what my parents' generation spoke. So since English is the vocalist's second language, he'll struggle.

To put it another way, have you forgotten how good a certain Italian-American singer named Ronnie James Dio was?

And yes, I'm Italian. So easy on the Italian band insults. :p

One thing that's clearly a problem is they used 6 string guitars on a 7 string song. That just ain't gonna work without the B string.