Nashville anyone?

1. Expect about two miserably cold weeks a year each winter, with wind chills in the -20 range. And one year when I was there, they had a brutal ice storm that knocked out my power for 2 days.

Wimps. Try having that wind chill in addtion to -20+ temps as a high! Days so cold that if you walked outside, you'd literally have frost bite to exposed skin in 5 minutes or less.

Man, summers in Minnesota were brutal!

-Metal

Wimps. Try having that wind chill in addtion to -20+ temps as a high! Days so cold that if you walked outside, you'd literally have frost bite to exposed skin in 5 minutes or less.

Man, summers in Minnesota were brutal!

Well, it IS Minnesota. :loco: That's why I've never lived further north than Alpharetta, GA (Alaska and Germany as a kid were not my choice).

Maybe there was a god trying to tell you you should live HERE.

I think everyone else has said everything I would said lol. I lived about 15 minutes outside Nashville ever since I was a baby (about 21 years) and am now in graduate school here. I think edgeofthorns said it pretty well, but here's what I would add on or further explain:

Nashville really should be called "Country Music City" - there is really more country than anything here with a decent amount of rock but definitely not much metal. I say this from being in a power metal band trying to get into venues and having to push pretty hard, although, if you try hard enough, nice places like the Exit/In and the 527 in Murfreesboro aren't out of reach. There are metal bands here, but you have to look to find them, and most of them are more on the death and metalcore side of things. A lot of metal bands have only a handful of venues that they are able to get in to play at. And I have only seen a handful of more recognizeable metal bands come here in the past few years; Into Eternity and After Forever are the only ones that come to mind. Most metal bands jump to Atlanta instead of anywhere in Tennessee.

And yes the street names can be confusing if you don't pay attention lol (The same street I take to school has three different names as you travel along), and the morning commute can be ugly at times, which I've realized now that I have to get up early for classes hahaha. I wouldn't say Nashville is terrible to navigate, but there are other downtowns that are easier to find your way around in.

The winters aren't all that cold here. I do like the cold weather though lol just dress appropriately. The storms aren't as bad as in other parts of the U.S., but the weird thing here is that all of our worst severe weather happens in the winter months, usually around January and February. We've had some terrible storms here in January and February.

I have no idea, but honestly it isn't an issue. You'd think we were Egypt being plagued by locust from some of the posts here! :lol:

~Brian~

Hey, where I was living, you had to fight through a cloud of them to get anywhere. I created quite a scene in Kinko's once trying to remove a cicada that was stuck to my leg. :oops: (And those suckers have sticky little feet...)

527 in Murfreesboro

That's good news that they rebuilt 527...I heard it had burned to the ground a few years ago. :cry: I have many fond metal memories from there in the early 1990s.