Need help for a good 3 finger trainning for spedd!!!!

The bassist in my band uses three fingers. He started doing it right from the beginning when he noticed Iron Maiden's bassist did it.
He highly recommends John Myung's instructional video, Progressive Bass Concepts (or something like that); despite how popular it is to hate Dream Theater's members, they are all fantastic musicians and John Myung is no exception.
You can probably find some exercises on his site, too.

Originally posted by Ultima Ibanez Overlord
The bassist in my band uses three fingers. He started doing it right from the beginning when he noticed Iron Maiden's bassist did it.
He highly recommends John Myung's instructional video, Progressive Bass Concepts (or something like that); despite how popular it is to hate Dream Theater's members, they are all fantastic musicians and John Myung is no exception.
You can probably find some exercises on his site, too.

The members of dream were all actually teaching instruction before the got the band going full bore, It was kinda like dream team of musicians that got together to showcase their talents in a band. So I would agree with going with John Myungs video.

Have you seen the video, Kamikaze? John Myung is fairly enigmatic in it. But he's no good on camera. You get the feeling he's hating every second of it. Although he's a great teacher and explains things well, I thought he tends to go over the same things a little unnecessarilly.
For example, when he's teaching an exercise that Petrucci had shown him for working on trills, he takes you through each permutation of it for each finger, when he could just show you one finger, say something like "now do that with each finger", and then move on to cover something else.
He should have watched Petrucci's Rock Discipline video for a lesson in good video-making.
I've seen a lot of so called instructional videos, and a lot of them either only show you how to play the artist's specific solo's from various releases, or else they're just a platform to show off a little.
Granted you can glean information from watching them play their stuff. But Petrucci's video shows you so much that's to do with the fundamental mechanics of playing rather than just copying his chops. I've had that video for ages and I STILL find it has a lot of offer.

Originally posted by Ultima Ibanez Overlord
Have you seen the video, Kamikaze?

No Ibanez, I havent seen it yet, But a friend mine is way into Dream and has the video, He seemed to get quite alot out of it but stated the same thing you did, He just seemed kinda camera shy, And I suppose that would be kinda strange doing a video like that when your not used to it. But, He is a badass bass player and im sure hes got alot to offer;)