Neil: Favourite non-metal production?

Hmm. Well I've done a lot of non-metal. I'd say my favourites included the Mahavishnu, Brand X, MMS albums I did (or anything that was more musically mind-bending). Jazz/fusion/technical stuff are my favourite styles of music. Back in the 70s I was doing A LOT of that sort of stuff. One album I was asked to and was really really hoping to do was the second Cynic album that never happened.

Most of my favourite producers are not metal producers at all. People like Teo Macero, Bob Thiele, Norman Granz, Mutt Lange, David Foster and Todd Rundgren some of my favourites. My favourite metal producer is Colin Richardson without a doubt.

Neil K.

Thanks! I knew about Mutt (AC/DC of course), and the name Todd Rundgren rings a bell somewhere, but I'll be sure to check out the work of the others, as well as your stuff with Mahavishnu Orchestra... I saw tabs for MO in Guitar World, and it makes me want to check them out.

NK said:
One album I was asked to and was really really hoping to do was the second Cynic album that never happened.

WHAT!?!? Ahh that would have been amazing! So disappointing that it never happened.

Infernal Sledge said:
WHAT!?!? Ahh that would have been amazing! So disappointing that it never happened.

A second Cynic album would only be acceptable if they dropped the Mr. Roboto vocals from 'Focus'
The demos were grand though.