Nevermore have poor sales in the states

• Thread starter master of the damned
  • Start date
Yes, the J comes in at times, for teh real harty laugh.

If your gonna jump on the new trend man, you need to get it right......OK.

hahahjhahajhajhhha

Well this is something thats always intrigued me. I mean, most of us want our favorite underground metal bands (like Nevermore) to get more album sales. With that said, do any of these bands actually TRY to get more exposure or send their stuff to big labels? I think most underground metal bands are too caught up in having "integrity" and "loyalty" to the underground that they don't ever try to move on up anywhere. I agree, Century Media is a shitty label, but they are arguably the biggest metal company in the nation. That basically means that all metal labels suck as far as promotion goes. :confused:

MTV should be called "Empty V'....or better yet..

"N" TV

At least Nevermore are on a new record label...this will help a lot.

uggg...There's some rap song on Empty-TV about licking from head to toe...of course that's what the magority of rap songs are about,aren't they?Either sex,or violence...and ppl blame school shootings on heavy metal?I don't think that could be it when all of the rap music is taking about guns and the gangster lifestyle.I definately don't want to see Nevermore being played on a channel along w/all of that filth.

There was MTV-X,which played all hard rock and some metal videos...but,alas,MTV took that over and is now using the channel to play rap,hip-hop,r&b and urban videos...like they didn't think that playing it all of the time on their own channel was enough.There needs to be an MTV-X on regular channels(that one was on digital cable)...of course I can only think what MTV would do to that...Empty-TV ROCK 24/7.There is the Music Choice-Metal channel,which is good,but we need more,damnit!

Is it really that you'd rather they not show up on MTV or that you just don't want them to change what they do? I for one would be thrilled to see them on MTV... OK, well if I watched it I would :D Hey -- maybe it'd catch on and the station would become worth watching? (Whoa -- Look out! Wow, that pig nearly flew right into me!!!) OK, so I'm dreaming. But it's a rather nice dream, hmmm?

Nevermore sell 20,000 units per record in the U.S. They are one of the biggest selling "real" metal bands in the U.S. (I'm not counting that Korn/nu-metal bullshit). Look at most of the bands that have forums at Ultimate Metal...they only sell between 1000 to 15,000 units in the U.S.

Metal sales are pathetic.

Oh... a Dream Theater/Nevermore tour would kick ass.

Although I am certainly going to enjoy the DT/Satriani/King's X lineup... I think DT and Satch should have taken a new, struggling, up-and-coming metal band out on the road with them... instead of a well-established band that has been around since the mid-80's like King's X.

I found some nevermore sales at metal-sludge.com a few months ago, they had this sludgescan and each nevermore album had about 9200 units sold.The biggest "real" metal seller would either be dream theater, if you consider them or IE, they sold about 30000 last time I checked, but that was before the US tour they did, they probly went up alot in the last couple of months.Maybe up to 50000, nevermore might have gone up to 15000 but I don't know.

Where the band is poor in one part of the world, they are strong in another. I think in Greece as well as Germany Nevermore got close to 300,000 with their last two releases.

I remember reading an interview with Jeff and I remember him saying they were treating like Rockstars there.

Things will look up though. With each release their sales are increasing.