New album concept, sounds interesting

insidethefall

somewhere nowhere
Jan 26, 2003
pittsburgh, pa
Visit site
Taken from the official page morganalefay.se or bravewords.com

just for those who have not seen it yet, at hte official site the album cover is posted, but only the first couple of pieces...I guess as the release date grows closer, pieces will be added, the colors and art (what i can see of it) reminds me of The Secret Doctrine, I just hope the new one is as good! :headbang:

It all began a very long time ago.
It was the year 1354. I was twenty-four years old and was working as a scribe in a small corner office on Rue de Marivaux in Paris. My job was to copy manuscripts for a paltry sum, but I enjoyed it, and I took pleasure in life as I had recently married my beautiful Pernelle, actually receiving a generous dowry in the bargain. I had for quite some time been fascinated by alchemy, pondering in all my spare moments the numerous texts I had acquired on this hermetic art. Countless nights were spent speculating upon the meaning of cryptic messages like the inscriptions on Trismegistus' emerald and the pictures in Mutus Liber or other writings, as well as musing about the secret rituals that occasionally were described or illustrated. I had obtained all that an alchemist required for the transmutation of ordinary metals, but to make gold I needed that which was desired by all and above all else, that which was enshrouded in mysterious lore: Prima Materia , or Grand Materia as I came to say.

One night I dreamed I saw a book held by an angel. In a voice that defies description, the angel said, "Behold this book, of which you understand nothing. To all but yourself it will remain incomprehensible; you and you alone shall one day discover what it reveals."
The book itself was bound in finely hammered copper, with pages neither of parchment nor paper, but thin bark. On the first page was a dedication in gilt script to the Jewish people. It was signed "Abraham, Jew, prince, priest, astrologer and philosopher." In my dream I reached for the book, but both it and the angel disappeared in a blinding flash. I awoke with a start, empty-handed and bewildered.

Time passed, and I no longer wondered about my revelation until three years later when I made an incredible discovery. A cold shiver went through me when I saw the selfsame book of my dream, its copper binding showing under some manuscripts, in a bookshop in Paris. How was it possible? I insisted on buying it, and the shopkeeper, knowing nothing of its nature or worth, let me have it for a pittance of two florins! It was more beautiful than in the dream, and I stood awestruck by the golden copper whose inscriptions must have been etched by the hand of a true master.
The printed text was baffling. There was text encrypted with hieroglyphics that seemed related to Hebraic words, and there were odd signs and figures. Every seventh page was without words, filled instead with beautiful gilded drawings. I hurried home and began reading it, a task which in itself proved easy as it was clear Latin. But how I was fooled! That it was a manual for transmutating metals I could tell, but it told of so much more! The book's scope was beyond human understanding. In order to pursue its deeper message, I had to delve into the Jewish mystical cipher called Kaballah and numerous other books. Still more puzzling were the symbolic illustrations throughout the book. Among the ornate drawings of winged deities and dragons, among pictures of slaughtered children and blossoming rosewood, I would seek something that could unlock the cipher. It was to be an arduous trial to unveil the identity of the Grand Materia as well as the method which could transform it into the Philosopher's Stone.