New album Foregone out February 2023

I just want to say that THE are not in position to say bad things about In Flames and that is because, like it or not, In Flames are a much bigger band and any bad word towards them
Dude. They don't have any intention of being a big band. And their names are big enough to don't give a shit about everything.

There's a point in life where people has to stop thinking of attacks to their favourites whatevers as personal attacks. If someone cannot stand their favourite, in this case, frontman, being critiziced, attacked or whoever you want to call it, then that person is having a big problem.

When Jesper talks shit about Anders is not a personal attack to you so you shouldn't be concerned about it. It's a matter between two adults. Not three. It's fun talking about that, even taking positions. But we shouldn't go further in our emotional involvement.

Not trying to defend Anders & Bjorn here as it disappoints me how they speak about Jesper etc, but the only other thing I can think is possible NDAs on the bands side?

There's a point in life where people has to stop thinking of attacks to their favourites whatevers as personal attacks. If someone cannot stand their favourite, in this case, frontman, being critiziced, attacked or whoever you want to call it, then that person is having a big problem.

When Jesper talks shit about Anders is not a personal attack to you so you shouldn't be concerned about it. It's a matter between two adults. Not three. It's fun talking about that, even taking positions. But we shouldn't go further in our emotional involvement.

I'm actually not taking it like a personal attack but I'm quite surprised yours and @DE4life's take on the matter. When Jesper talks shit you defend him and attack Anders, when Anders says he didn't listened THE you say that he should say nice things and attack him again. It's a quite a bit ironic.

On your other post you said Jesper talked shit only twice, like that makes it better somehow. And it's so funny that whatever this guy do you try to defend him and find a reason to attack Anders once again. I don't know if you have something personal with Anders or something but I'm just pointing out the obvious and showing to you again and again how ridiculous you sound.

I don't have anything bad towards to Jesper but when you say something like he did, there's going to be some consequences and people gonna talk, obviously. So its pretty normal for Anders or Björn that they're not interested about a man who shitted to them online. But seeing your childlike responses here and there seems shocking to me like you know background to their story.

Reactions: SunOfMyth
Didn't Jesper apologize multiple times though? We're beating a dead horse here. I think we all just have differing opinions on the matter. Personally, if a friend of mine talked some shit and later apologized for it, given the circumstances especially, I would forgive them and move on. We can't discount that Jesper is an alcoholic and deals with extreme anxiety and depression. It isn't an excuse. But it should be talked about. He was dealing with a lot of heavy stuff on top of PROBABLY feeling like his band was taken from him. Can anyone say under those circumstances that they wouldn't be sour about it?

But my point is, yes he said some stupid shit publicly that he shouldn't have. But he has since apologized and really gone out of his way to promote IF any time he can (also publicly). Acting like some shit that somebody said under the influence when he was going through a bad time completely defines him is bullshit. That isn't just because it's Jesper either. This is standard stuff. People make mistakes. With a mistake like this, it shouldn't follow him for the rest of his life. He didn't sexually assault somebody here.

Reactions: DE4life
I'm actually not taking it like a personal attack but I'm quite surprised yours and @DE4life's take on the matter.

Dude. It's quite clear that all of this is affecting you in a personal way. The way that you write about everyone that has attacked Anders... The words are... Salty.

I get the thing about being attached to an artist. I think that's fine. But, when we criticize Anders that doesn't go against you. And I think that we have fair reasons to do that.

Reactions: DE4life
Didn't Jesper apologize multiple times though? We're beating a dead horse here. I think we all just have differing opinions on the matter. Personally, if a friend of mine talked some shit and later apologized for it, given the circumstances especially, I would forgive them and move on. We can't discount that Jesper is an alcoholic and deals with extreme anxiety and depression. It isn't an excuse. But it should be talked about. He was dealing with a lot of heavy stuff on top of PROBABLY feeling like his band was taken from him. Can anyone say under those circumstances that they wouldn't be sour about it?

But my point is, yes he said some stupid shit publicly that he shouldn't have. But he has since apologized and really gone out of his way to promote IF any time he can (also publicly). Acting like some shit that somebody said under the influence when he was going through a bad time completely defines him is bullshit. That isn't just because it's Jesper either. This is standard stuff. People make mistakes. With a mistake like this, it shouldn't follow him for the rest of his life. He didn't sexually assault somebody here.

He shouldn't... Or maybe he was right? After all, it was about the band that he gave form that he was talking about. So, he can have a bad opinion and express a bad opinion if he wants.

From my perspective, his real mistake was to delete some messages and then pretend that it was everyone's else fault for not understanding what he meant. Just... Be a grown adult and stick to your word. Even if he made a mistake, at least admit it instead of pretending that you didn't do it.

Dude. It's quite clear that all of this is affecting you in a personal way. The way that you write about everyone that has attacked Anders... The words are... Salty.

I get the thing about being attached to an artist. I think that's fine. But, when we criticize Anders that doesn't go against you. And I think that we have fair reasons to do that.

Well, I just made a post up there to why I am saying what I'm saying but you just completely ignored it so I guess I can say that you take things personal way too. :D

The way they act makes me think there is a former romantic relationship between the members or their partners that we don’t know about. But the detail of the attorney being at the sessions is interesting, I guess they could be super disciplined with the legal business. But they act like ex-lovers to me.

Well, firstly if you could give him a shout out from his bros in the Ultimatemetal crew that would be much obliged :cool:

Most of my questions would probably be considered rude :D obviously anything THE related is off the table.

To be honest I've always wondered if there was an inspiration behind The Attic, or whether it was just some random concept he came up with. Compared to practically anything else the band has done it stands out as being really different.

Meanwhile Ciko will probably ask you to get Anders' mobile number for him. Don't do it under any circumstances.

Here is his reply for THE ATTIC: https://we.tl/t-4Z2NY6I6ph?utm_camp...urce=sendgrid&utm_medium=email&trk=TRN_TDL_05

The interview was really good. I asked him his opinions about Siren Charms after almost 8 years :) I need to edit the interview but i will share the whole audio with you guys .

I asked him his opinions about Siren Charms after almost 8 years :) .
A man after my own heart!

And holy shit, it's an audio-interview! You have balls, nerves, or a combination of both. It's endearing to hear him answer the question about The Attic, because it's more than ten years now, they didn't really play it, it's pretty much a deep cut, but he still remembers just like that.

I had some free time today, so I picked my favourite tracks from each album and then used pubmeeple to rank them.

My picks:
TJR: Moonshield, Artifacts Of The Black Rain, The Jester Race
Whoracle: Jotun, The Hive, Worlds Within The Margin
Colony: Embody The Invisible, Ordinary Story, Colony, Zombie Inc
Clayman: Bullet Ride, Only For The Weak, Square Nothing, Satellites And Astronauts
, Suburban Me
RTR: System, Trigger, Cloud Connected, Free Fall
STYE: The Quiet Place, Like You Better Dead, My Sweet Shadow, Evil In A Closet
CC: Take This Life, Vacuum, Crawl Through Knives, Versus Terminus
ASOP: Mirror's Truth, Alias, Move Through Me, Condemned
SOAPF: Sounds Of A Playground Fading, Deliver Us, Fear Is The Weakness, Where The Dead Ships Dwell
SC: Paralyzed, With Eyes Wide Open
Battles:The End, Wallflower
ITM: I Am Above, Call My Name, Burn, Stay With Me

My rankings:
1 Only For The Weak
2 Moonshield
3 Where The Dead Ships Dwell
4 Satellites And Astronauts
5 Artifacts Of The Black Rain
6 Bullet Ride
7 My Sweet Shadow
8 Crawl Through Knives
9 Fear Is The Weakness
10 Mirror's Truth
11 Ordinary Story
12 The Quiet Place
13 Deliver Us
14 I Am Above
15 System
16 Zombie Inc
17 Colony
18 Take This Life
19 Stay With Me
20 Like You Better Dead
21 Free Fall
22 Suburban Me
23 Trigger
24 The Hive
25 Jotun
26 Sounds Of A Playground Fading
27 Cloud Connected
28 Vacuum
29 Evil In A Closet
30 Embody The Invisible
31 Square Nothing
32 The Jester Race
33 Worlds Within The Margin
34 Alias
35 The End
36 With Eyes Wide Open
37 Condemned
38 Burn
39 Move Through Me
40 Wallflower
41 Call My Name
42 Paralyzed
43 Versus Terminus

A man after my own heart!

And holy shit, it's an audio-interview! You have balls, nerves, or a combination of both. It's endearing to hear him answer the question about The Attic, because it's more than ten years now, they didn't really play it, it's pretty much a deep cut, but he still remembers just like that.

I think he probably prefers to talk about this kind of stuff, firstly because it's fairly recent and secondly because he was really directly involved with it. Compared to stuff from TJR/Whoracle days, where Sundin actually wrote the lyrics and Anders just had a concept of sorts he was trying to express, but is unlikely to remember specifics 20+ years later.

Reactions: Jester Slave
The Siren Charms reply is really interesting. You can hear it below :)

https://we.tl/t-YvLzXAbWPM?utm_camp...urce=sendgrid&utm_medium=email&trk=TRN_TDL_05

That is indeed really interesting, thanks. I didn't realise there were divisions and tensions in the band at that point, and Anders' explanation of everything being done separately explains a lot about why the album sounds the way it does. It's often noted on here that it sounds disjointed, and the vocals/instruments aren't really married up properly, and this goes some way to explaining why things sound the way they do on that album. Anders' description of the album being "schizophrenic" is pretty accurate, and how a lot of us feel about that album.

You've managed to get more interesting info out of him in these clips alone than the majority of interviewers have in 10+ years worth of interviews. Good job man.