New album Foregone out February 2023

I like how Anders says they write now while keeping live shows in mind. Somebody should show him that video the next time he goes into the booth to record a chorus like Meet Your Maker. :D

Also, if you can layer vocal backing tracks in your live show, why can’t you layer guitar backing tracks and play Dead Eternity?! I feel like he was being more honest in the past by saying “there’s no reaction to those songs.” The guitar layers excuse just feels like… an excuse.

To give him some credit, I really liked the idea of representing every album in their recent sets. They should try to do that more often. I don’t think any of us realistically think that we’re going to get a setlist filled with Whoracle songs. But if they could at least keep their sets balanced, it would feel like there’s something for everyone.

Of course they’re going to be supporting a new album in the forthcoming tours, so that is much less likely. I assume we’ll go back to getting Graveland or The Hive or Resin and not much else pre-Colony.

A lot of credit to the interviewer too, he clearly knows what to ask and was able to get Bjorn comfortable with answering a lot of different questions to the normal generic questions you hear 50x times every album cycle.

I'm watching the interview. It is pretty enjoyable, at least in comparison to other ones I've watched recently. Bjorn did seem to get a little nervous when the interviewer brought up Niclas. Maybe nervous isn't the right word, but he seemed different for that minute or so to me. I'm starting to wonder if that lawyer talk a few pages back is what is happening here. It could be that no one wants to talk about it, but if there is a legal issue, it would make sense why nobody wants to elaborate further.

Watch, it's going to come out that Jesper is coming after the band name and pretty soon, you're going to hear "Anders and Bjorn's In Flames"

I don't think so. He's been praising them since battles. So it doesn't feel like the natural movement.

I've read a Greek review about Foregone, I will sum up the most interesting parts.

-Best work since ASOP.

-The singles are misleading, the rest of the album is closer to the sound of ITM, but with much better compositions.

-Pure Light Of the Mind is a power ballad, Dialogue in B Flat Minor and In The Dark are quality tracks, Cynosure was written to be played live and End Of Transmission is average with weak chorus.

-More interesting album overall compared (unnecessarily) to the Days Of The Lost.

Reactions: eochaid
I've read a Greek review about Foregone, I will sum up the most interesting parts.

-Best work since ASOP.

-The singles are misleading, the rest of the album is closer to the sound of ITM, but with much better compositions.

-Pure Light Of the Mind is a power ballad, Dialogue in B Flat Minor and In The Dark are quality tracks, Cynosure was written to be played live and End Of Transmission is average with weak chorus.

-More interesting album overall compared (unnecessarily) to the Days Of The Lost.

I’ve read similar thoughts from people who received the vinyl early. It seems they released the heavier stuff as singles and saved the poppy chorus songs, the opposite of what they usually do. Which seems weird because people are making it sound like the album isn’t cohesive. Like half of it is in this “new direction”, while the half people haven’t heard is more akin to what you’d normally expect from IF.

Although I haven’t really enjoyed the singles much, I am interested to listen to the record front to back and see how it flows.

ITM started with IAA and ITM as singles. If I remember right. Then came House. And House is not representative of the album at all. Then, what was it? Burn?

I mean after listening to the singles we all thought that the album was going to be heavier than it really was.

But that's not a bad thing. I mean, heavier doesn't imply better. Just... Heavier.

Reactions: Jester Slave
In flames are releasing a teaser of each of the 7 unreleased tracks every day up until release next Friday - starting with the acoustic opener, today.

Reactions: galvanized
I sure hope that the rest of the album bears as little resemblance to I, the Mask as possible. One bad song I can deal with, two mediocres maybe. More than that and it's strike three for me.