New album Foregone out February 2023

I am just glad that my social life is not over-analyzed by strangers, because I'd tear my hair out reading about fanfictions, where people run the little nuggets of information they heard about me regarding friends or acquintances and vice versa through friendship theory, and reach some whimsical conclusions.

My guy listen to yourself and just stop.

What if the big secret is that they're having a reunion?

Just joking. Or maybe I'm not.

After you guys pointed out that Jesper and Anders were like the same personality and temperament, it all started to click. Almost every modern IF song is about Jesper.

take Battles for instance:

1. Drained - ”What we had we threw away, when we were close to heaven” a reference to how Jesper and Anders gave in to their “Battles” near the peak success of the band. Rest of the song about that period in time.

2. The End — A song about the final arguments with Jesper and how an era is coming to an end.

3. Like Sand — a song about Anders questioning everything after Jesper left. And how Anders had a hard time separating them in his mind into individual people (ie codependency) “I try hard to be like you …”

4. The Truth — this is about when Anders realized that he had been betrayed by Jesper (the truth) and was determined to take his power and life back from Jespers hands. “The time has come to bring you down, take the power back show you how”

5. In My Room — a song about Anders’ depression following Jesper leaving. He is numb but determined to survive.

6. Before I Fall — a song about Anders thinking about what happened between him and Jesper “I pushed you hard so you ride away”

7. Through My Eyes — “You did me wrong and I applauded you” a song about how Anders had to maintain a positive face to the audience and the world about the band even though Jesper hurt his feelings repeatedly in a cycle of abuse.

8. Battles — a song about Anders and Jesper emotionally and physically fighting over and over, and even with Bjorn somewhat, in the lead up to Jesper leaving the band

9. Here Until Forever — a song obviously about Anders looking back and realizing that he misses Jesper. “when I look at you I see me” realizing they are the same type of person. “Always be part of history” realizing how their relationship was the cornerstone of the band and the mark it made in metal history. But also the title is a clear foreshadowing of Niclas status in the band and how he is a permanent member no matter what.

10. Underneath My Skin — a song about Anders and Jesper before Jesper left the band. Anders dealing with the fact that he’s come to the end of his rope and just can’t handle it anymore. “Is this the life I wanna live?” Coming to terms that he must end this relationship with Jesper.

11. Wallflower — Anders being open about the abusive relationship he had with Jesper and talking about their unhealthy tendencies “I like when you scream in my face” “Afraid to say the words in the right order” referencing the trigger words that would turn their discussions violent. Then later questioning and expressing regret “is my life a big mistake?”

12. Save Me — this is written by Anders but actually from Jespers perspective, lyrics in short staccato bursts instead of the longer lines in the other songs. Anders imagining how Jesper must feel after ending the most important relationship of his life.

13. Greatest Greed — “I told you once, twice, three times and you still backed out” a song about the immediate aftermath of Jesper quitting the band, describing a violent scene where both Anders and Jesper got hurt and Anders musing about Jespers selfishness and greed in the moments before it was all final with Anders even taunting Jesper out of anger and desperation. “So here we are” “Why don’t you walk away?” and then he did.

14. Us Against the World - Anders basically calling out to Jesper to retake the reigns of glory, talking about how him and Jesper together could conquer the world just like they did before. but Jesper isn’t listening and so Anders is frustrated but ready to go at that moment.

Maybe I missed something, but if Jester Slave is talking about Fear Is The Weakness, I do remember an interview at that time with Anders where he was asked if this song is about Jesper and he replied that it could be.
To be honest though, I think it is the usual reply from Anders no. 714 ("if a song has a specific meaning for you, I don't want to take it away" ) and personally, I've never interpreted that song this way. Jester's Door is more surely about Jesper.

Maybe I missed something, but if Jester Slave is talking about Fear Is The Weakness, I do remember an interview at that time with Anders where he was asked if this song is about Jesper and he replied that it could be.
To be honest though, I think it is the usual reply from Anders no. 714 ("if a song has a specific meaning for you, I don't want to take it away" ) and personally, I've never interpreted that song this way. Jester's Door is more surely about Jesper.

Yes youre right, here is the interview
https://noisecreep.com/in-flames-friden-interview-jesper-stromblad-alcoholism/

In Flames lyrics have been taken to be about the band itself since time immemorial, far more so than other bands. "We're not even trying" was all over reviews of ASOP back in the day and you can find people cherry-picking lyrics like "we're in a state of slow decay" and replying with "lol they're talking about themselves" if you know where to look.

Not saying there aren't instances where it could be true -- like Fear is the Weakness.

Reactions: Jester Slave
Just saw another teaser from one of the new songs from instagram. GOD DAMN THAT WAS GOOD
So for all the shit this band has gotten throughout the years for "trying to sound like Korn", I have to say that as someone who listened to Korn before I knew about In Flames, this sounds exactly like Korn :rofl:

To me that's not a bad thing, of course. I'm liking what I'm hearing.

I saw it too!
Is there any chance it is Bleeding Out? I considered they will release teasers of the unreleased songs by order

Yeah they announced it yesterday, they gonna release teasers everyday until the release day. I guess you're right this could be Bleeding Out.

Another way these guys is similar is that they are both alcoholics. It’s just Jesper has gone deeper and is non-functioning. I’m pretty sure Anders once said in an interview he needed to drink just to get on stage.

I don't think he needs drink just to get on stage, Björn talks about it on this interview at 1:21, its just for warm up. :D

I don't think he needs drink just to get on stage, Björn talks about it on this interview at 1:21, its just for warm up. :D
Dude. If someone needs alcohol to warm up then they're alcoholics.

Though, I must say that seeing Anders onstage didn't give the impression that he was under the influence of alcohol.

Dude. If someone needs alcohol to warm up then they're alcoholics.

Though, I must say that seeing Anders onstage didn't give the impression that he was under the influence of alcohol.

I watched so many live videos on Youtube but never saw Anders hammered so bad. (Few exceptions at 2006)