New album Foregone out February 2023

See, what we need to do is find other things to talk about that we can actually agree on and then there will be less infighting going on over here. I'll start...

Everyone forgets that there's a new IF album to trash. Slave mentioned watching Coco and now we all probably just think he's a teddy bear. He was cuddled up on his couch in his plaid pajamas, a glass of warm milk, a few tears shed and then drifted off to sleep with dreams of being a Mexican zombie who plays guitar. That's what that movie is about, right?

I watched Coco yesterday. It is something else, I'm telling you.

Yo that's nice but I don't care. Your avatar is like a forum institution. It'd be like McDonald's replacing the classic M, you just don't do it. It was difficult enough when Eochaid changed his... but this one cuts deeper somehow.

Now it's your turn.

I've changed mine before so it's not so important :D Slave's avatar is on fucking memes on IF official site... It's iconic.

Reactions: The Grayfox
If only just a few tears... I don't think any media will ever annihilate me like Clannad did, so it would not be fair to compare every tearjerker to that one, but I had to go above and beyond not to ugly cry on Coco. And it gets better and better the more I think about it. I don't want to spoil anything, but this movie is easily a contender for best animated movie ever. Up has a 10/10 beginning and a very good scene near the end, but the inbetween is meh. Moana is very fun and Encanto is not that bad either, but sometimes it feels like I'm watching one big music video. The music is more scarce in Coco, but they fit, they are not overbearing, except at a few points where they are crucial to the plot. The music is also unique because of the whole Mexican setting. The art is beautiful. Some great stuff are hidden behind spoilers.

But the best thing is its mature theme.

Hahaha, that is amazing. I remember the boxing one, but not the electric chair. I'm glad I got my revenge on LS! ANd it has 10 likes, and that insta account follows a bunch of e-thots. That's art.

Hahaha, that is amazing. I remember the boxing one, but not the electric chair. I'm glad I got my revenge on LS! ANd it has 10 likes, and that insta account follows a bunch of e-thots. That's art.

An insta account named after our favourite ITM song, no less. But yes, quite amusing that they had no filter on that page. They're lucky nothing worse ended up on there :D

Time to bring back pink pixels lost with Slave's avatar change

As Anders once sang, "Suddenly I know, I have to let it go"...

Hey everybody. Nice to see this forum is still kicking.

I've listened to the album enough at this point where I can say that I neither hate it nor love it. It's...actually okay IMO. Nowhere close to the level of quality as their first five records, or even R2R/CC, but I'd put it at the same level as SOAPF. The record sounds pretty inspired compared to their last three snoozefests.

What I Liked:
The Beginning Of All Things That Will End - liked the doomy, mournful melodies, really sets the tone for the album nicely
Foregone pt. 1 - best song on the record hands down. Enjoyable from start to finish. Hearing blast beats on an IF song is always fun
The Great Deceiver - 2nd best song, cool little throwback moments to Clayman, loved the D-Beat drumming and energy throughout the song
Tanner as a whole. Dude is one of the biggest assets in the band and I really hope he sticks around. Nice guy too, and a chad. Songs like Cynosure and A Dialogue are better than they have any right to be and a lot of that is owed to his playing
With the exception of one song, I found myself enjoying at least one passage or section in each song. Cannot say the same about Battles, or Siren Charms, or even ITM
Broderick killed it with the solos. Idk about you guys but I'm happy to listen to a modern IF album without hearing WAHHH WAHHH *vibrato bend* in every song
Production has more power and grit this time around, albeit still very polished

What I Disliked:
The cleans. Holy fuck they are bad. Enough said on that one.
Pure Light of Mind is absolute garbage. Just because it's different sounding doesn't mean it's good. Total buttrock that's devoid of any good ideas
End The Transmission and Bleeding Out are two of the most boring songs on the album. The former is especially frustrating because it opens up in a way that tricks you into thinking that it's going to be a faster track, but it's just another plodding chugfest (except for that cool melodeath riff towards the end)
Become One being relegated to a bonus track when it should have been on the main album (that chorus though...yikes)

So yeah, not their best but I've certainly heard worse from them. I'd give it a 6/10. I would give it a 7/10 if they swapped End the Transmission for Become One and cut PLoM from the album entirely, but alas. I'd give it a 7.5 if they had someone else handling clean vocals.

Last edited:
@Man Made Bod Sup bro. Yeah it's probably about a 6 for me at the moment. Nowhere near SOAPF to me, but closer to ITM level than Battles level, which is about as much as I can reasonably expect nowadays.

I think PLoM has something, execution is just off. Could've been a decent IF ballad, but ultimately got Benson'd.

End the Transmission might be the second worst ending to any IF album after Bottled.