NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

Thats ridiculous for Nuclear Blast to delay it so long. Labels still stuck in the past and refusing to adapt to modern times by having such a delayed release schedule. In a years time a lot less people will still be buying albums and will just stream it on spotify or another site. COB really need to move away from Nuclear Blast if they have no say on releases. It will do more harm than good.

Here is Nuclear Blast release schedule:

https://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label/music/releases/index.html

The only bands' albums they released in September were Korpiklaani, Metal Allegiance, Mayan, Terror. I've only heard of Korpiklaani but never even bothered to check out their music, maybe once for five seconds. New Immortal album was released back in July. New Behemoth is released tomorrow. I guess they wait until they have a chance for a big tour next Spring.

Last edited:
So it has to be they want it out when they have a big tour... but why they don't tell that to the band? Is this some kind of punishment if the album isn't the way the label wanted? This is a strange hush time from the band, curious to find out the truth once the silence stops.

So I listened to the Jussi69 saturday brunch - radio show where he had Alexi and Samy as guests regarding the ongoing No Place Like Home - tour and they actually discussed a little bit about the new album!
Basically Jussi asked Alexi when the album is released (which is march 2019 as we already know) and Alexi also opened up about it. He said he has no idea why the album has been delayed and that it's out of their hands. The original plan was for it to be released this fall but then they were told that it wouldn't come out until next spring.
He didn't want to go into too much detail but told that he got really mad and said a lot of nasty things to many people and that some of it he probably could have left unsaid:D I believe the phrase he used was " I had a hell of a temper tantrum."
Alexi also stated that making of an album is always hard (a lot of deadlines, mixing&mastering etc) but it's important for them to stick to the deadlines, so they did that as they always do. He said that he takes pride in it so it sounded like that among the facts that they worked really hard and did everything on time, the album getting delayed was difficult for them. He finished with saying he hoped the record label could have told them earlier but overall he didn't seem too mad about it anymore.
This doesn't really clear up anything about why the album has been delayed for so long, since even Alexi himself doesn't seem to know the reason but I thought it might be interesting anyway.

Last edited:
I met Alexi and Daniel last night, had a nice little chat. I didn't pry too much about the new album, but I felt Alexi is insulted by the lack of explanation for why it's delayed.

Reactions: baptizedinalcohol
I waited behind the venue by the cars at the backdoor right behind the stage, with some other dude (who got interested to be my other guitarist when I get the album done) having some rum, it was nice seeing them, but not much to mention, can't really get that deep in a short moment. Didn't take a photo cos I have a shitty ancient phone. I told some lights technician guy to tell the keyboard player that Joonas is waiting outside and that he knows me. :D Didn't show up, wonder why.

Last edited:
Reactions: tragician
I waited behind the venue by the cars at the backdoor right behind the stage, with some other dude (who got interested to be my other guitarist when I get the album done) having some rum, it was nice seeing them, but not much to mention, can't really get that deep in a short moment. Didn't take a photo cos I have a shitty ancient phone. I told some lights technician guy to tell the keyboard player that Joonas is waiting outside and that he knows me. :D Didn't show up, wonder why.
Would've been hilarious if Janne showed up. :D Congratulations on gaining a possible band mate.

New video (Warmen).
" This previously unreleased Warmen song may or may not give you a hint of what to expect in Tavastia.. "

I was over in Helsinki for the Saturday show. Had the chance to speak with a bartender from the Rotterdam bar who said he got to attend the video shoot for one of the songs off new album and the song is apparently kick-ass. He described it as hatebreeder sounding. Wanna keep my hopes up for this album

Reactions: COB-666
I was over in Helsinki for the Saturday show. Had the chance to speak with a bartender from the Rotterdam bar who said he got to attend the video shoot for one of the songs off new album and the song is apparently kick-ass. He described it as hatebreeder sounding. Wanna keep my hopes up for this album

I've hard time believing it would have the Hatebreederish drumming and lead-orientation and dark atmosphere. I think it's gonna be chuggish but more technical from guitars, more simplistic in song sections, less wizardry but more heaviness, but who knows maybe there will be some fast drums and some flourishing melodies here and there? But maybe it's Hatebreederish the way Halo of Blood is Follow the Reaper'ish or the way a horse is camelish?