NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

I feel sorry for you Arcane, in a sincere way, if you fail to enjoy this song. The intro is just amazing, the pre-/post-solo riff kills it and the solo is simply fantastic on every single aspect.

The one thing I can agree to dislike are the vocals. Better than Was It Worth It? (in the same style), but really not up to Laiho's standards. However, instruments wise, the song is fantastic in my humble opinion.

I really dig the new song. The vocals are definitely not up to par on this track but it doesn't mean it'll be like that for all of them. I like the guitar and keyboard tones and the atmosphere is not like anything before. It's very promising for the rest of the album!

I'm not even lying I used pretty much that exact lick at the start of the song when jamming with old friends when I couldn't think of anything when they put down a metal rhythm. Just get the key and use a bit of sliding that should do the trick. It's not that bad of a song-just meh- the verses r needled 24/7 and the rest is forgettable-I still like it though! Annoying that Alexi doesn't let Daniel do any verses or screaming apart from background vocals

Wow, what a great song. Honestly met my expectations. I hear a bit of "All Twisted" in the intro/main riff as well as Next in Line during the guitar solo. The vocals are a bit weird but don't bother me as much as the RRF songs did over 7 years ago. I don't see the hate for this track.

hmm. This song doesn't do much for me. Guitar sound a step down from IWC, lacks the previous crunch/punch. Poor drum sound as well. I don't mind the effects on the vocals except that they make them sound more sinister than what the upbeat song calls for. Nothing wrong with the vocals for the rest of the song, except they're loo loud in the mix. Can't make out much of the bass. Some guitar parts are nice. The best thing is that there are no goofy keyboard parts except at the end.

Tbh the intro reminded me of Mr Brightside by the Killers and I didn't dare say it here after the music video filming bc you guys would have taken it the wrong way lmao. BUT Holy shit to me this song is like Halo Of Blood / Blooddrunk feel and it reminds me somehow of the Sinergy album Suicide By My Side, which is my favorite of theirs too so I am so fuckin excited!!!

This song can easily go on RRF. My very first impression is that it's very meh... COB is missing that in your face ANGER. The solo sounds like Alexi tried to rehash the next in line solo. It kind of sounds like Sinergy half way through with that one section. Overall nothing memorable or great about this song. I like the kind of cheerful melody when done right (northern comfort), but it just sounds like a simple and lazy melody here.

There's a chance that this is just a filler song like was it worth it was for RRF. If that's the case, I'm holding out hope for a banger like Not My Funeral (cause that song is still in my top 5 COB songs ever).

The more I listen to it, the worse it turns. Can't understand why most of you guys are so hyped. It's still better than WIWI and IWC though.
Ok, that bridge part is not bad but all in all it's nothing new, too happy-sounding and boring.

Btw. what's the tuning? I don't have a guitar here but it sounds like drop C

One of the best songs in almost 20 years, hate the vocal effect, but other than that it is perfect for a first single and more catchy than everything after FTR. Guitar tone is well marshally, wish they did it with the lee Jackson/fryette combo.

I've got mixed feelings about the song. I agree with what was being said about the song not being memorable and no clear distinction between the different parts. At the same times I'm hearing elements that are getting me hyped up for the rest of the album.

Did anybody else pay attention to the video description on youtube?
"Children of Bodom's 10th Studio Album, HEXED out December 8th via Nuclear Blast Records. Order at: http://www.nuclearblast.com/cob-hexed"

I initially thought they meant pre-orders, but that's already available