New album thoughts and opinions....

arch_enemy666 said:
i'd rather them not get back to the old style just play what they feel cause if they "try" to be the inflames of old i think it will be a big mistake, they made a new image for themselfs, i just dont see how jesper let it happen
Me neither and I also would rather them play what they feel. Even if its not what we exactly like, its better than them forcing it to try to please everyone

Donnie Darko said:
If its as "good" as STYE, Il be pretty pissed off
the first track is atleast heavy (even if it a simple open riff) and my sweet shadow rules, and I like dead alone, oh and evil in a closet it cool because it's kinda of creepy.

I have some pretty high hopes for this album. I'm a huge fan of In Flames, Old and New. I think Crawl Through Knives will be a cross between STYE and Whoracle. To me, I think that would be awesome. The album will probably continue with the new sound, but when they talk about "more guitar harmonies" and "more uptempo", that reminds me of Whoracle or even a little of The Jester Race. We'll just have to wait and see. Either way, I'm sure they will continue to impress me.

Dark Tranquillity is fucking awesome. There is no doubt about that. But, I listen too both bands and always look forward to new shit from both of them. Did I miss something, or are you not supposed to be a fan of In Flames and Dark Tranquillity?

If you aren't suppose to be a fan of dt and In flames, would you stop being a fan just not to be a bad fan of one of those bands?

Why did you ask anyway?

skinnybone said:
If you aren't suppose to be a fan of dt and In flames, would you stop being a fan just not to be a bad fan of one of those bands?

Why did you ask anyway?

No. And I asked that because anonymousnick2001 asked why would you wait for the new In Flames when you can just listen to Dark Tranquillity?

anonymousnick2001 said:
Why even bother waiting around when you can listen to Dark Tranquillity instead?
Because that sound completely diffrent?
Just because they're "gothenburg" doesn't mean all the bands sound the same.

i would've been perfectly happy with rtr if the sound wasnt so god awful. can't they hear how muddy and dull everything sounds? sure the music isn't as melodically exciting but it could've been a much better album with a decent sound. stye, was no better in that sense and the songs were weak, nothing could've of really made that album stand up against their old material. Do they still have bergstrand producing?

Argh, what the fuck, haha, new album news - track 13: 'Your bedtime story is scaring everyone'....?!....This does not sound good....Album title also been changed, to 'Come Clarity'.

Some of the titles have potential. What happened to the titles like

"the jester race"
"wayfairer"
"food for the gods"
"the hive"
"dialogue with the stars"
"upon an oaken throne"
"artifacts of the black rain"
"december flower"

Oh well, I do like the title "Come Clarity" a bit more than "Crawling Through Knives".

Even if the songs are good, now everytime you mention 'Your bedtime story is scaring everyone' or 'scream' you'll feel like an idiot.

I heard a promo copy of the cd and it sounds like its from 1996 In Flames or something...

Just kidding, It'll probably be like STYE (I liked STYE though, so no big deal)

Character is an extremely overrated piece of shit. Anyone who thinks it's that great needs to start listening to some more music.

borsox13 said:
Character is an extremely overrated piece of shit. Anyone who thinks it's that great needs to start listening to some more music.
So is their so-called masterpiece "The Gallery." You hear the intro to Punish My Heaven and your jaw drops to the floor, but then about 30 seconds later you've already dozed off and are fast asleep.

lol maybe while we're listening to Dark Tranquillity we can go get some Shadows Fall, Lamb of God, and As I Lay Dying because I dont think I've heard enough recycled riffs. Throw some Nickelback in there too.

What are you clowns on about? There is nothing wrong with anything DT has put out, so shut the fuck up.

Personally, I found there to be no problem with the production of R2R; sure the guitars are further back in the mix, but it works well with the type of music that IF play these days.

When it comes down to a DT and IF comparison, IF reached greater heights in the past, but when comparing the latest works by the two bands in question, DT is the better band at this point. My fingers are crossed for 'Come Clarity', though.

Devillicus said:
What are you clowns on about? There is nothing wrong with anything DT has put out, so shut the fuck up.

God forbid someone has different musical tastes than you. Grow up.