New Album Thread

Firewind Wiki

Army of one
Feb 8, 2010
Internet
I thought i'd make this thread dedicated to the new 7th Firewind album, plz post any new information here, including live/studio video's, interviews with information related to the album and pictures here.

I think we can confirm that the new drummer will be Jo Nunez,
462380087.jpg

I've got one of his drumsticks during the tour and it's exactly the same as the once you see on this picture that Gus tweeted. I'm really happy that he joined Firewind he is a great drummer and he really fits in well with the guys.

Hurray!

Also let's hope they're keeping Jo permanently, hopefully mine and Kirsty's "Are you keeping Jo permanently? We think you should. We like him. Go on, keep him in the band. He works really well. Please keep him in the band. We think you should keep him." has worked :p

And here's the video from the studio (not sure what your link was, I assume it was this, but the link's not working for me :( )
http://youtu.be/_DB1q7M7b2I

I am really happy hè joined and i love the studio dairy, Jo really fits and you can see that ozzy is rubbing off on Gus: "can you just shut the fuck up and play the part." genius. My link btw was to a pic that the guys tweeted where you can see Jo's kit.

Hurray!

Also let's hope they're keeping Jo permanently, hopefully mine and Kirsty's "Are you keeping Jo permanently? We think you should. We like him. Go on, keep him in the band. He works really well. Please keep him in the band. We think you should keep him." has worked :p

And here's the video from the studio (not sure what your link was, I assume it was this, but the link's not working for me :( )
http://youtu.be/_DB1q7M7b2I

He's such a nice guy, all us girls were stood outside the gig going 'awwwwwww, I just want to give him a hug!'. He just smiles all the time, he's great!
Ah okay, I'm not on twitter which could be why I couldn't see it...

He's such a nice guy, all us girls were stood outside the gig going 'awwwwwww, I just want to give him a hug!'. He just smiles all the time, he's great!
Ah okay, I'm not on twitter which could be why I couldn't see it...

How about we give Mike Portnoy (ex Dream Theatre drummer) a stab at it! I think he's looking for a job!

Mark was definitely great but I just love Jo, all bands should have a constantly happy person in it!!!

I want to Firewind to play Bloodstock festival on the same day as Alice Cooper, might actually get me back to festivals this year, haven't been to a festival since 2009...

A little side note, The MFC Dragon Slayer All star Project has been raising money for cancer research by pulling together an all-star line-up. including our own Apollo Papathanasio. the line-up features:

THE BAND:
Henrik Flyman - guitar (Evil Masquerade)
Peter Wildoer - drums (James LaBrie, Darkane, Arch Enemy)
Thor Jeppesen - bass (Evil Masquerade)
Artur Meinild - keyboard (Evil Masquerade)

SINGERS:
Mats Leven (Therion, Yngwie Malmsteen)
Snowy Shaw (Therion, Mercyful Fate, Dream Evil)
Tony Kakko (Sonata Arctica, Northern Kings)
Apollo Papathanasio (Evil Masquerade, Firewind, Spiritual Beggars)
Tony Mills (TNT, Shy)
Silvio Massaro (Vanishing Point)
Richard Ofsoski (Ofsoski, Sedition)
Henrik Flyman (Evil Masquerade)
Lance King (Avian, Pyramaze)
Dagfinn Joensen (Fate)

LEAD GUITARISTS:
Glen Drover (Megadeth, Testament, Eidolon)
Henrik Flyman (Evil Masquerade)
Stu Marshall (Empires Of Eden)

There single "Lets Unite In Rock"

Please donate by buying the song on I-tunes
http://itunes.apple.com/au/album/lets-unite-in-rock/id491854971?i=491854975&ign-mpt=uo=4

Last edited by a moderator:
Last nights set-list according to Setlist.fm

The Ark Of Lies
Head Up High
Destination Forever
Keyboard Solo
Angels Forgive Me
World on Fire
Guitar Solo
The Fire and the Fury
Heading For the Dawn
My Loneliness
Mercenary Man
SKG
Wall of Sound (new song)
Till the End of Time
I Am The Anger
Tyranny

Encore:
Into the Fire
Losing My Mind (new song)
Falling To Pieces

I just came on here to post these vids lol

I love the riffs in both songs and Apollo's melodies are killer.

Another win for Firewind thus far.

for those who are interested both Amazon and CD universe are listing march 6 as release dates for the re-release of Burning Earth with 3 additional tracks demo versions of Burning Earth, The Fire And The Fury and You Have Survived

Here is a close up version of "Losing My Mind" from the Fuzz show

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I love tham, am I the only one concerned that they might be falling into the trap of churning out albums? It's only just been 2 years since DoD which whilst good, I felt lacked the focus of Allegiance and Premonition. I don't wanna see my favourite band do a HammerFall...

PS. Incidently, very happy to hear about BE and FbF rereleases, although I don't see 'Still the Winds' on the tracklisting!