New Alexi Signature ESP's for '09

Although there is too much fuss about CS guitars, I have to agree with Delanoir.

Even IF the materials are the same (what is not the case by the way, since the builders at the CS select the best pieces of the wood type you want) it still matters HOW they treat the wood. They can pay much more attention to tiny details than the machines in mass production do.

It may not be a difference which would justify 3000 Euros more, but it's probably there.

Well, I think you have never compared both, you just say what you think.
No, I have. I've played both standard and custom shop guitars from several different companies, including ESP (as well as Jackson, Charvel, Gibson, and Fender). In the case of ESP, I have also been lucky enough to play several Edwards (and LTD).

There IS a difference, no matter the product, from a musical instrument to a car. How big of a difference will depend on the person, but there most certainly is one. A whole industry (spanning more than just guitars) isn't based off of a mental placebo effect of simply thinking something is better because it's custom (even if some people do).

In a live setting, like at shows, it won't be as clear of a difference (in sound). However, it's particularly noticeable in recording. That's why all kinds of bands will specifically rent out extremely nice guitars, usually for at least doubling if not more. Same goes for amps and other gear as well.

Although there is too much fuss about CS guitars, I have to agree with Delanoir.

Even IF the materials are the same (what is not the case by the way, since the builders at the CS select the best pieces of the wood type you want) it still matters HOW they treat the wood. They can pay much more attention to tiny details than the machines in mass production do.

It may not be a difference which would justify 3000 Euros more, but it's probably there.
Exactly, thank you.

Like I kept saying, they're all great in the case of ESP (especially Edwards), and it isn't necessarily worth all the extra money, but they are better. I mean, after all, endorsed artists get (at least) a discount anyway, so they don't pay for it as much. And they're the ones who use CS guitars far more often.

quite interesting debate here^^
well ive never played a cs guitar but i dont think it will make a HUGE difference soundwise... because pickups wood etc its just all the same^^
STD guitars are, from my point of view, definatly sufficient enough for any guitar player.. u just buy cs if u were a fanbooiii

Btw. anyone know if the new Alexi 600 have a OFR made in Germany like the old ones? Cause I always read OFR (FR - "number") but on the ESP's the description only says OFR

What do these numbers behind the Fr mean actually? it goes like FR - 1000 or 5000 whatever.. Does anyone know the difference? Its the licensed one right? but what do the numbers stand for - there is just no information on the net :mad:

btw to arcane:
the edwards... did u really feel no difference between the std one? cus i was actually about to buy an new git.. the standard sv... but its not available anymore in germany :mad: so edwards might be an interesting choice... but dunno yet...

What do these numbers behind the Fr mean actually? it goes like FR - 1000 or 5000 whatever.. Does anyone know the difference? Its the licensed one right? but what do the numbers stand for - there is just no information on the net :mad:

It corresponds to the colour of the floyd

^ah great thanks!
so that means there is no difference in quality right?
is it a licensed or an original one?

The Alexi 600, the STD version and the custom shops have OFR made in germany. The Edwards have also OFR but made in Korea...or China, don't know. And FRT 1000 stands for chrom, 3000 gold and 5000 black

so its the original one made in korea? weird... i thought the original ones are manufactured in germany.. but anyway i guess they should be same qualitiy... or not!?
thanks for the info btw!

Dude! Lies doch mal was wir geschrieben haben - steht doch alles da! Hab das mit den Zahlen und den OFR made in ger and kor schonmal ne Seite vorher irgendwo geschrieben. Das ORIGINAL FLOYD ROSE wird in Deutschland produziert, das OFR in den Edwards und RR24 Gitarren ist ein in Korea produziertes welches kostengünstiger ist und ein etwas anderes aussehen hat, was man allerdings nicht gleich erkennt.

jaaa ist ja gut^^
hatte dat schon gepeilt, hatte nur noch nie von ofr aus korea gehört! jetzt weiss ich bescheid, danke und auf wiedersehen^^

quite interesting debate here^^
well ive never played a cs guitar but i dont think it will make a HUGE difference soundwise... because pickups wood etc its just all the same^^
STD guitars are, from my point of view, definatly sufficient enough for any guitar player.. u just buy cs if u were a fanbooiii
It has nothing to do with being a fanboy at all. The point is that a Custom Shop can make you anything you want, not just other people's signature guitars. A guitar company can do a CS version of pretty much any guitar they make. Like how Roope has CS RR's, or Zakk Wylde has CS LP's. And it will be made to be exactly what the buyer wants, and top quality like how we've been saying.

EDIT: But if you mean you'd have to be a fanboy to buy the CS version of Alexi's (anyone else's), then yeah, sort of.

No.

We had this discussion 10 times before. In quality it goes Edwards > LTD > STD > CS

First it should be this way with the CS first (obviously better quality) CS > STD > Edwards > LTD
I thought everyone pretty much agreed edwards was better quality than LTD?

Well, its the same as with Alexander is better than Roope. A lot of people say this but can't say why. Only reason is that they like old Bodom more.
So most people say that the Edwards are better than the LTD's and you know why? The Edwards look better so they ARE better! We've had this discussion 2 years ago or sth. with hundrets of postings and nobody couldn't tell me why the Edwards should be better.
The LTD and the Edwards are made of the same material but the LTD got a OFR made in germany but not the Edwards so LTD wins. Pretty simple.

EDIT: But if you mean you'd have to be a fanboy to buy the CS version of Alexi's (anyone else's), then yeah, sort of.

yeah thats what i ment... for some reason i interpretated the 'c' as an 's' so I thought we were talking about signature series... :loco: :eek:

I'd say edwards is same qualitiy then ltd... ltd sucks anyways^^ :mad: they just look so cheap compared to the edwards, std or cs ones^^

an edwards is a bit more pricey than the ltd but from what ive experienced its worth the money... an std is worth the money as well... but no cs :mad: 4000+ is just ridiculous from my point of view... I wouldnt play such a guitar unless i were aLexI or whoeverthefuck

edit: ^ id pretty much agree with arcane onthis one

Dude! Lies doch mal was wir geschrieben haben - steht doch alles da! Hab das mit den Zahlen und den OFR made in ger and kor schonmal ne Seite vorher irgendwo geschrieben. Das ORIGINAL FLOYD ROSE wird in Deutschland produziert, das OFR in den Edwards und RR24 Gitarren ist ein in Korea produziertes welches kostengünstiger ist und ein etwas anderes aussehen hat, was man allerdings nicht gleich erkennt.

jaaa ist ja gut^^
hatte dat schon gepeilt, hatte nur noch nie von ofr aus korea gehört! jetzt weiss ich bescheid, danke und auf wiedersehen^^

You guys just made me feel so damn ashamed of my crappy german, and I'm supose to learn it in 2 years of which I've already spent 2 :erk: I know you're native speakers at least, but what I understood is because I made it up from words like OFR or Edwards, not from the actual german part :cry:

So just to recap, it goes LTD > STD > CS in quality.

Kind of, but the reall difference between STD and CS is really small, so if you're not rich or something like that I asume it'd not be the wisest thing to get the CS one (if you want to get a signature series, if you want your own model then of course go CS).

No.

We had this discussion 10 times before. In quality it goes Edwards > LTD > STD > CS

I think that guitar itself quality (body construction and stuff) LTD and Edwards are the same, only that in some Edwards (in this case we'll refer to the Alexi ones) the hardware or other stuff (which can be replaced) is not as good as on the LTD (Korean OFR on the Edwards VS German OFR on the LTD), but just that, not actual building quality.