New Amorphis album

I also tried to register with Amazon Japan, but to no avail. Knowing how to spell my name in Japanese and with the generous help of Google Translate, I got as far as to the Billing Address page, which unfortunately only accepts addresses within Japan. I was therefore happy to find the song on Spotify after all, but now I wonder, do they have a country restriction as well? The ads I see on Spotify are strictly targeted at Finnish listeners, so I wouldn't be all too surprised if they, too, offer different bonus tracks in different regions. Besides, I have no idea in which countries Spotify is available to begin with. Who of you guys outside of the Nordic countries is able to use it?

Yes, I made it to a certain point in the registration process with amazon japan as well and had to stop - Annoying. There was a post above indicating that even if you are registered, you have to have a Japanese credit card/form of payment to buy the songs anyways!

I use Spotify all of the time here in San Diego, but you are correct...there are restrictions put in place and His Story is not available in America.

Guys, look for someone in Japan who could help you out. You can figure out the rest for yourself...

And, no, spotify is not available even in all European countries.

I got my CD from CD Japan today, why bother with Amazon Japan at all ?
CD japan you of course have to register, but can pay via paypal.
More importantly is all in English!

New song is very good would not have been out of place musically on Circle, not sure the lyrics fit though.
It has a strong folk/Celtic melody throughout and is well worth getting.

a friend of mine that bought one of the 500 pieces of nuclear blast,sent me my future and illussions.

My future is a long song(7.00) a mid-tempo one,only clean vocals,with a nice long keyborad/guitar solo in the middle.nothing special,i just liked it

Illusions is a classic amorphis song-growls first,and the chorus with clean vocals,quite catchy chorus.Good song,nothing more nothing less.What is weird is that it ends so suddelny,i do not know if it is like that,or a mistake happened when my friend sent me the song:lol:

tuonelan said:
Haven't listened yet...being patient and waiting for the CDs to arrive
You of all people should have received an advance copy.
Thumbs_up.gif

Can someone give a brief review of the Circle documentary?

Finally got around to watching it and found it a good deal more entertaining and informative than I expected. Seeing a forum member was a particularly cool surprise. Not too many snippets from the actual recordings, but plenty of detail on Nightbird's Song. Apart from that, my favorite passages were the interview with Pekka Kainulainen and Sande playing the church organ. That's one awesome instrument for sure.

Denis swore me to secrecy in a Black Metal ritual. I did not want the Deerman to visit me in the middle of the night to take my soul to Pohjola.

[ETA] Besides, after seeing a bunch of you on the Forging DVD and the From the Heaven of My Heart video, I was feeling left out.

Denis swore me to secrecy in a Black Metal ritual. I did not want the Deerman to visit me in the middle of the night to take my soul to Pohjola.
Methinks your soul was sworn to Pohjola before you were even born. :)

Besides, after seeing a bunch of you on the Forging DVD and the From the Heaven of My Heart video, I was feeling left out.
Welcome to the club! :D

The average housewife* doesn't like riffs and growls - to her this is noise and she doesn't get it, so she wouldn't buy the album and probably would not give money to the kid to buy the album either. The average dad wouldn't let his 15-year-old daughter to an Amorphis gig, if he thinks their music is "noise" and/or "Satanic" (for example).

Here's the so far most blatant attempt at marketing the album to Housewife & Hubby (the partnership between Bild and Metal Hammer is embarrassing in itself, but if you scroll to the bottom of the page, you'll find that they're owned by the same big corporation :puke: ).

Can someone give a brief review of the Circle documentary?

Not bad, but could have been better. I would have loved to see a segment with Peter as well - he's referred to all the time, but doesn't say a word himself.
Also, I could have easily lived without the blatant product placement of a shit Mexican beer. - Find it hard to believe that the guys drink it out of their own accord, especially if they have fine Finnish beers readily available.

I know Circle is not so Kalevala stuff like before, the characters and of who songs are written. But I can't be not thinking of Kullervo of Kalevala everytime I hear Hopeless Days.

I now have all the bonus tracks and to be honest, if they were all officially part of Circle, I wouldn't be complaining at all.
'My Future', in particular could be one of Amorphis best songs ever.
Let's hope NB milk the cash cow again with these songs and make them infinitely (officially) more accessible to everyone.

Yep. If there was My Future, Illusions and New Song in Circle instead of Hopeless Days, Narrowpath and New Day, it would've been better or equal to Eclipse, greatest album ever. But on the other hand now we have more songs to listen! I just hate these arrange decisions they made :err:

The eagles have landed...

Circle1.jpg

Circle2.jpg

European version is packaged in a box with a poster and two cardstock sleeves and some NB ads.

US version is a foldout with two plastic disk inserts and the booklet in the panel between the CD and DVD.

Holding off on listening until Mrs. Tuonelan gets back from teaching class. :headbang:

As I have been listening to these bonus tracks, I have become even more convinced that My Future and A New Song should have been part of Circle, too. I like Illusions because there's much variety in Tomi's vocals and His Story is really nice because it's almost instrumental one (one day I actually thought that they should to do more this kind of songs).
But yeah, I love especially that last minute of A New Song - but maybe that's not a wonder when it's question of my preferences, heh...