New Dan interview in Metal-Rules.com

Jacowboy said:
ç

Pfff Whatever dude, you're just gonna keep defending Dan anyways so no point arguing with you.

The thing is, both Joey and Dan, but specially Dan have been dissing the 13, that's THIRTEEN years of the Bushthrax era, and I am not cool with it.

It's one thing to have some dude over the internet complain about it, 'cause let's face it, who gives a shit about fans... and then there's ex-band members who pretty much got a second chance to be anyone that matters, and what do they do? They talk shit about their own band when they should be pretty grateful... Man, that's like totally stupid if you ask me, and if it was my band, I'd fire Dan's ass faster than you can say DO THE MATH just on the grounds of saying that he'd burn a record of his own band. That's not team work, that's being an ass.

That's what we lost Bush and Rob for?

Great...

Im not defending dan for what he said in that interview it was rude & uncalled for & should of been said in private, to the band if at all. What i am defending is its his opinion & he chose to do it in public which sucks but hey not everyone has good judgement.

reidie said:
I think what dan was trying to communicate with the whole cover band comment is that anthrax, the band and its name, got of the ground and to the height of its popularity with 5 guys - Joey, Charlie, Scott, Frankie and of course Dan himself. To him anthrax is those guys. In all honesty, and im sure the majority of you guys will agree with me, Bush-thrax and Belladonna-thrax are two completely different (but both kickass :headbang: ) bands, sure the rhythm section is the same but at the end of the day a bands sound is defined by the vocalist, not the guitars or drums.

I will agree that the two era's sound different. But I think that is mostly because (as charlie has said) the music was just changeing. Most bands sound different today then they did in the mid 80's - even (drumroll) Slayer. I think the music would have progressed with or without Joey - Bush's vocals were the iceing on the cake that changed the sound of the band. Anyway, my whole point was that Spitz is goofy - but I thought that before this interview.

Jacowboy said:
... and then there's ex-band members who pretty much got a second chance to be anyone that matters, and what do they do? They talk shit about their own band when they should be pretty grateful...

"They"? Name one bad thing Joey has said during the last year!

This is all really sad. After all this band has been through surrounding this whole reunion Spitz has to open his big mouth and make it worse.
I really wish they'd kick his ass out but I get the impression that they have to deal with his stupid ass due to some kind of contractual agreement with their label or something along those lines. There's no fucking way they could possibly like being around that little douche. He's a good guitarist but it seems to me like his negatives far outweigh his positives. fuck.

BIGPHAT442 said:
"John is a great guy personally, killer guy, but as far as my music, fuck no. I write dynamic, he has to be able to sing."

This is one of the quotes that got me going. Spitz writes dynamic music??? Since when did he even start writing for Anthrax? When did he ever contribute anything besides PLAYING the guitar. We all know Charlie writes the music.
John has to be able to sing? He might not be Robert Plant, but i'd take him any day over anyone because he has more heart and honest passion.

Did I mention that Spitz has zero stage presence besides contributing nothing?
The way this sounds, you'd think he was Anthrax. If this interview was fudged, i'm still not apologising.

Amen to everything you just said. Regardless of the integrity of the interview and the journalist, there have been several condescending quotes made as to the band's legacy with John and Rob.

scottishthrax said:
I met Dan at the Glasgow meet and greet and I thought he was cool and down to earth, very confident and knowledgeable about music and watchmaking.

He is entitled to his opinion as much as anyone else in the band, it is easy for the typed word to be misinterpreted as you don't convey the context in which it is delivered, ie with humour, sarcasm, reverence etc.

His rare interviews are certainly never dull!

well said. I think we are creating a mountian out of molehill here. We have absolutly no idea how this interview was conducted, it is just writing, individuals can transform it into whatever they want it to be. In some cases i feel people are completly over reacting From what ive heard from other meet and greet reports he is a decent guy who loves music and thrax. I think we are totally demonising him by having like 4 threads on this issue. He is entitled to his opinion on Anthrax after he left, as he was in the band since the start, and especially on the subject of TGOTE as after all, they are his leads and songs that he played live for over a decade. Of course he will have an opinion on that! I know i would if i was in his postion!

At the end of the day, if he DID say all this shit, but the band (as it is now) come out with an album to match PoT, it wont matter what interviews the band have done.
Sure, I'll have no respect for them (I lost that after all the crap they said about Joey when they were promoting TGOTE then went and got him back in the band for the cash) but it's only the music that counts and is remembered.

DarrellDethSDMF said:
"They"? Name one bad thing Joey has said during the last year!

Well, things like "We're the real Athrax" (or to the same effect), which Joey has been saying since he came back strike me as negative... I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine the 13 Bushthrax years. And it's funny considering that Bush was in longer than Joey but whatever...

But hey, I'll give credit where credit is due, Joey is by far a more polite guy and he's been avoiding commenting on John for obvious reasons... And he genouinely seems more interested in being in Thrax than Dan. So Even when he says the "we're the real deal" kind of comment, I just let it slide and don't look too much into it.

However Dan's been giving me the impression as if he was just doing this until he gets his own shit together... he certainly has been promoting his watchmaking abilities since day 1 of the reunion (which is fine by me btw, he prolly has an arrangement in his contract for it), but saying stupid things about your band on interviews WHILE capitalizing on the same band's popularity to promote your own business strikes me as unfair play.

WTF are you even trying to say here. This post is so retarded

...And he genouinely seems more interested in being in Thrax than Dan.... where the fuck do you see that, get that impression.

...However Dan's been giving me the impression as if he was just doing this until he gets his own shit together...god I cant imagine what you would be like on a jury. Have you ever talked to Dan Spitz, do you hang out with him, you are telling us you know what Dan Spitz is thinking or doing

he certainly has been promoting his watchmaking abilities since day 1 of the reunion (which is fine by me btw, he prolly has an arrangement in his contract for it
well I am glad that Dan promoting his watchmaking abilities is fine by you. And he has actually been promoting his watch making abilities for a good portion of the last decade, but then again you know everything about Dan Spitz.

Like Scott stated in an earlier post, they are looking into what was said. Innocent untill proven guilty.

I read the whole interview, and there were parts that could come off as dickish, but its written interview, and not an audio interview. Its like I am saying Jacowboy is the brightest, most knowledgable person to comment on this subject. At first glance you would take what I wrote as a compliment, in all reality I am saying what a retarded piece of shit for brains this idiot is. See my point. I believe what Dan said in both his interview, and his statement. And on top of it all, he has the right to make an OPINION about anything he wants.

Jacowboy said:
Well, things like "We're the real Athrax" (or to the same effect), which Joey has been saying since he came back strike me as negative... I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine the 13 Bushthrax years. And it's funny considering that Bush was in longer than Joey but whatever...

But hey, I'll give credit where credit is due, Joey is by far a more polite guy and he's been avoiding commenting on John for obvious reasons... And he genouinely seems more interested in being in Thrax than Dan. So Even when he says the "we're the real deal" kind of comment, I just let it slide and don't look too much into it.

However Dan's been giving me the impression as if he was just doing this until he gets his own shit together... he certainly has been promoting his watchmaking abilities since day 1 of the reunion (which is fine by me btw, he prolly has an arrangement in his contract for it), but saying stupid things about your band on interviews WHILE capitalizing on the same band's popularity to promote your own business strikes me as unfair play.

sgt_d_rulez said:

...And he genouinely seems more interested in being in Thrax than Dan.... where the fuck do you see that, get that impression.

...However Dan's been giving me the impression as if he was just doing this until he gets his own shit together...god I cant imagine what you would be like on a jury. Have you ever talked to Dan Spitz, do you hang out with him, you are telling us you know what Dan Spitz is thinking or doing

he certainly has been promoting his watchmaking abilities since day 1 of the reunion (which is fine by me btw, he prolly has an arrangement in his contract for it
well I am glad that Dan promoting his watchmaking abilities is fine by you. And he has actually been promoting his watch making abilities for a good portion of the last decade, but then again you know everything about Dan Spitz.

Like Scott stated in an earlier post, they are looking into what was said. Innocent untill proven guilty.

I read the whole interview, and there were parts that could come off as dickish, but its written interview, and not an audio interview. Its like I am saying Jacowboy is the brightest, most knowledgable person to comment on this subject. At first glance you would take what I wrote as a compliment, in all reality I am saying what a retarded piece of shit for brains this idiot is. See my point. I believe what Dan said in both his interview, and his statement. And on top of it all, he has the right to make an OPINION about anything he wants.
shit... you're sarcastic fella... see my point?..

Am I the only one that misses the Joey Vera-era? I was pleasantly surprised that a bottle of Red Stripe that I've had in the refrigerator since New Years Eve has maintained it's freshness. I'm drinking that shit right now, B!

Has anyone tried the new Blackberry Green Tea Frappuccino at Starbucks? I haven't. As a matter of fact, I don't think I ever will! I tell customers how great it it is, but what do I know? Sometimes, you can get a good idea of how something tastes by smelling it.

Speaking of tasting, does anyone own a Nokia Cellular Telephone? I'm on my fourth or fifth one. And let me tell you, I've dropped this thing (and many others) so many times, and there is hardly a scratch on it! Luckily, the battery died yesterday while my ex-girlfriend was bitching at me over the phone.

Why the heck do ya talk to your ex-girlfriend?
Well, I mean, why do you still get yelled at by her? Is it because she, like most women, think it is actually possible to be friends after dating?

sgt_d_rulez said:

Wow... nice monologue.

Too bad I don't give a sh*t.

Anthrax should have a shredfest with Caggiano, Spitz and Crook trying to outdo each other on one stage and let the fans decide!!

Spitz is an arrogant bastard!! That's what got him the job with Anthrax in the first place. I've read Scott saying something to that effect. Something like "who's this little bastard that thinks he knows it all?". Aren't lead guitarists supposed to be that way??

Supposedly, he voted against Bush on SOWN. SOWN to this day is one of my favorite albums. And the two or three shows that I caught during the touring of this album were awesome to say the least. I wish they had made a live video or album then. The whole band sounded tight back then.

All the old schoolers on this board know that I prefer Bush/Caggiano in the band but Spitz and Belladonna in it still kicks major ass. I'd be won over with a stellar album by this line up. They have alot to prove. I just hope the leads don't sound anything like Korn.

Also, so what if Spitz pissed off alot of people. The only people he's really pissed off are internet assholes that don't have anything better to do with their time but criticize every single move by every band.

[
Also, so what if Spitz pissed off alot of people. The only people he's really pissed off are internet assholes that don't have anything better to do with their time but criticize every single move by every band.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that:headbang:

ThraxDude said:
Why the heck do ya talk to your ex-girlfriend?
Well, I mean, why do you still get yelled at by her? Is it because she, like most women, think it is actually possible to be friends after dating?
No, I think it's possible to still be friends. That's why I was getting bitched at.

Descendent said:
No, I think it's possible to still be friends. That's why I was getting bitched at.
Hmmm. Okay. :lol:
Oh, btw- I know of a new Starbucks Frap. that my homies at work made. I work at a King Soopers that has a Starbucks inside.
Anyway, it's a secret recipe that includes Stawberry and Bananna. It is fucking GOOD.

ThraxDude said:
Hmmm. Okay. :lol:
Oh, btw- I know of a new Starbucks Frap. that my homies at work made. I work at a King Soopers that has a Starbucks inside.
Anyway, it's a secret recipe that includes Stawberry and Bananna. It is fucking GOOD.

On my days off, I lamp at the starbucks around the corner of my apt. Great place to people watch and spit game at bitches.