New Iron Maiden Feature @ Royal Carnage

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Symphony - hope you don't mind the plug mate, but we do have your quote in our feature!! (and thank you for that by the way).

This is surely the best one yet from Royal Carnage...a comprehensive overview of the legends themselves....IRON MAIDEN. This one's got heart, you can tell when you read this stuff.

So what have we got for ya...

Intro:
Fucking brilliant animated GIF - shoot The Trooper already!

Reviews:
Iron Maiden
Killers
Maiden Japan
Number of the Beast
Piece of Mind
Powerslave
Live After Death
Somewhere in Time
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
No Prayer for the Dying
Fear of the Dark
A Real Live Dead One
The X Factor
Virtual XI
Brave New World
Beast Over Hammersmith
BBC Archives
Best of the B' Sides

Bonus Interview:
The Iron Maidens!! The worlds only all female tribute band...hilarious interview!

And...we were also lucky to have some of our friends in the metal world provide quotes on what Maiden means to them...Cruachan, Evergrey, Power Quest, Steel Prophet, and more!

Go read!!! !:headbang: Come discuss in our UM forum!!

:Spin:

Symphony said:
Fantastic work JK! Yeah...that quote looks cool! Nice one

Thanks Symph - many hours was spent on that monster! Thanks again for the quote - we definitely wanted to include something from PQ, the next wave of a British invasion! :headbang:

PQ for a US tour!!!

WeekendWarrior said:
PQ for a scandinavian tour! !:headbang: :D

BTW: fucking great work Jay!

While JayK and his wife Haddsie most certainly deserve the acclaim, this feature was the result of hard work from the WHOLE staff. I just wanted to make sure all got their dues. And thanks!

And of course the PQ forum would assume that. :) That's why we have our names in the reviews!!!! All except Erik and NAD of course, bless 'em.

Anyhoo, on to something MUCH more exciting! Hey Symphony, I'm coming to London mate! *cue fireworks* :lol: I arrive Sunday July 27th for a few days and then off to Wacken. Then I'll be back in London right after. I know you've got the tour coming up and all, but fancy a beer? Either before or after Wacken?

I'm happy to make a trip down to Southampton no worries. :)

Anyone else fancy a beer night out? I know you would Ayeka?!!

Sounds like a grand idea to me sir! Maybe meet some other PQ types as well? It may be best to make it after Wacken....things are quite busy as we need to finalise not only the album,mix and mastering by early August but also everything for the booklet etc as well. When do you head back across the pond?

Symphony said:
Sounds like a grand idea to me sir! Maybe meet some other PQ types as well? It may be best to make it after Wacken....things are quite busy as we need to finalise not only the album,mix and mastering by early August but also everything for the booklet etc as well. When do you head back across the pond?

In the words of Ozzy just before Jake E Lee breaks into his solo on Bark at the Moon, "ooh yeah baby"!

Yeah makes sense to do it after Wacken just so I can see the folks etc. I'm planning on leaving August 6th - however, with all the delays in work visas and permits these days, I might need to extend. I'd keep you posted.

And the more the merrier! Where's a good location? Southampton? London? Somewhere in between like Karl Groom's house in Reading?!! :lol: I'm sure he'd appreciate the uninvited guests, hehehehe.

P.S. If anyone wants anything from Wacken (t-shirt or whatever, let me know). Alternatively, if anyone wants anything from the US before I fly out, let me know!

Eagle said:
I'm going to Wacken, How many of us from here are going? It might be a good chance for us to meet up and drink beer.

There's a bunch of us coming in from Royal Carnage, Eagle. Two of us will be flying in from London. And of course drinking a beer will be more than outstanding.

Listen - have you bought your tickets yet? Let me know because I might have a couple spare, and I just need to get rid of them at face value.

JayKeeley said:
Anyone else fancy a beer night out? I know you would Ayeka?!!

I'd love too mate, but I'm only munchkin so it's not really feasible for me. I could sort something out...one of my mates who's driving, maybe...I'll let you know nearer the time.

JayKeeley said:
In the words of Ozzy just before Jake E Lee breaks into his solo on Bark at the Moon, "ooh yeah baby"!

Yeah makes sense to do it after Wacken just so I can see the folks etc. I'm planning on leaving August 6th - however, with all the delays in work visas and permits these days, I might need to extend. I'd keep you posted.

And the more the merrier! Where's a good location? Southampton? London? Somewhere in between like Karl Groom's house in Reading?!! :lol: I'm sure he'd appreciate the uninvited guests, hehehehe.

P.S. If anyone wants anything from Wacken (t-shirt or whatever, let me know). Alternatively, if anyone wants anything from the US before I fly out, let me know!

Oh yeah...hehe...I can just see the look on Karl's wifes face now! :tickled:

Probably London would be best but we can confirm a bit nearer the time.

JayKeeley said:
There's a bunch of us coming in from Royal Carnage, Eagle. Two of us will be flying in from London. And of course drinking a beer will be more than outstanding.

Listen - have you bought your tickets yet? Let me know because I might have a couple spare, and I just need to get rid of them at face value.

I've already got my ticket and I'm actually in a similar boat to you as one of my friends is now unable to make it. I've also got a Ryainair Return Flight form Stanstead to Hamburg going pretty cheap. I'm putting some threads up around Ultimate Metal and other sites to try and salvage my friend some cash.