New Megadeth video for "A Tout Le Monde"

Aug 18, 2006
S. Illinois
Don't know if you've all seen it yet, but the Roadrunner Records site has a new video up for Megadeth's new version of "A Toute Le Monde" featuring Cristina Scabbia of Lacuna Coil.

It's beautiful man, brought a tear to my eye. Neat twist to an old classic 'Deth song.

There are a lot of people bitching about this new version. It's more uptempo and has a different production to it. Personally, I like it. I hope UA is more thrashy than the last few records. I'm a big Megadeth fan, but I've been disappointed in the direction of the records after R.I.P. Even if it ends up blowing, at least we have a new Testament record to look forward to.

I dont care for this bastardization of this old song, Dave just wants more money in his pocket for another video from the cash clown thats on the table. Even though some people enjoy it, I d rather hear a new song rather than this let down now turned pop mtv anthem "SET ME FREE" bullshit my ass!

There are a lot of people bitching about this new version. It's more uptempo and has a different production to it. Personally, I like it. I hope UA is more thrashy than the last few records. I'm a big Megadeth fan, but I've been disappointed in the direction of the records after R.I.P. Even if it ends up blowing, at least we have a new Testament record to look forward to.

well put. seriously.

I actually tought at first the new song blew. Second and third try, wasnt that bad, mor like in a...get the new kids into it kinda way. Megadeth is my fav band ever, and it was like...seriously, dont mess with an already perfect song.

That being said, the video was fucking AWESOME. I absolutely loved the video, it was probably the best one in a long time. Ill cut it some slack because of the vid now

I haven't heard or seen it and I don't care to.I hope the new album is good and if not ...yes at least we have Testament.Sometimes I think Dave just doesn't get it anymore.He needs to get away from the high harmonized backup vocals and the stupid keyboards if he wants to make a real thrash album like he say's he does.About 2 years ago I was watching the ball and Jasta was interviewing Dave about the remasters,and Dave said " I was having trouble keying up the mix..do I que it to the guitar or the keyboard?".What kind of question is that?is there even a question?! the fuckin guitar! why is the keyboard there at all?.That kind of sums up Dave for me now and answers the question of why he can't seem to duplicate Rust.

well...yeah...but without the Cristina's vocals, and the song being played better, the end result would be...the original

Let's face it, no way to perfect that song. At least the video is pretty cool

And no matter how ba dit gets, it is NO ST. ANGER!!! more than enough for me

I read a post by Dave on the Megadeth forum that said one reason he wanted the song back was because back in the 90's Mtv and the radio were in cahoot's and that soon after it was released it was dropped by both(actually never aired by Mtv) because they thought it was a song for suicide.Now I don't now about your stations and as much as I liked it at the time I'll be happy to never hear that song again because my rock station played it to death and then some.

You're lucky Redfly. The stations where I live don't play Megadeth, nor metal in general. I don't listen to the radio because of the shit that gets played. If we had one station that played metal (other than Metallica) I would listen to it. I hope ATLM gets some exposure for Dave. I just wish Roadrunner would have chosen a new song instead.

Really? not even back in the 90's?.I used to here a lot of metal on my radio starting around when And justice for all came out they played a lot of that and Countdown to extinction and Pantera andThe Ritual even some Flotsam up until about 93.But after that we only get new metallica and every once in a great while the softest single off a megadeth cd and even if it gets a lot of requests they wont play it often and never go further then the weakest single.Except metallica they play anything starting from the black album at nausea.I have gotten into many fights with them calling them girls because they play a promo that states they are the only station with balls and then play stained or nickel back with metallica in the middle.They also claim to be non-corporate although they only play the singles the record companies send them. They claim nobody likes metal! I cry bullshit the masses are sheep and will like what you tell them to like.And as all my favorite bands have or are hitting the 20 year mark with no airplay or record company support and have more or less put out an album every 2 years and toured.You can't do that without people liking you.I tell them those are the bands that deserve support, bands that have proven they can last( even without promo) and have something to say.With people that have dedicated their lives to playing their instuments the best they can.I Blast my cd's and kids will come up and ask me"who is that? thats awesome! "why have I never heard it?!"But the radio doesn't care so fuck em!I have since sworn off the radio for about 5 years now unless forced to listen at work.So maybe I was lucky but now I'm in the same boat as you....I freakin hate the radio

Really? not even back in the 90's?.I used to here a lot of metal on my radio starting around when And justice for all came out they played a lot of that and Countdown to extinction and Pantera andThe Ritual even some Flotsam up until about 93.But after that we only get new metallica and every once in a great while the softest single off a megadeth cd and even if it gets a lot of requests they wont play it often and never go further then the weakest single.Except metallica they play anything starting from the black album at nausea.I have gotten into many fights with them calling them girls because they play a promo that states they are the only station with balls and then play stained or nickel back with metallica in the middle.They also claim to be non-corporate although they only play the singles the record companies send them. They claim nobody likes metal! I cry bullshit the masses are sheep and will like what you tell them to like.And as all my favorite bands have or are hitting the 20 year mark with no airplay or record company support and have more or less put out an album every 2 years and toured.You can't do that without people liking you.I tell them those are the bands that deserve support, bands that have proven they can last( even without promo) and have something to say.With people that have dedicated their lives to playing their instuments the best they can.I Blast my cd's and kids will come up and ask me"who is that? thats awesome! "why have I never heard it?!"But the radio doesn't care so fuck em!I have since sworn off the radio for about 5 years now unless forced to listen at work.So maybe I was lucky but now I'm in the same boat as you....I freakin hate the radio

Well yeah, Deth did get some airplay back in the 90's like Countdown era, but like you said, it stopped after that. One of the guys I work with has Sirius satellite radio and they played the new Deth song Sleepwalker, but that's a monthly pay service. Like you I gave up on regular radio years ago. I learn about new bands from the internet, friends, or other bands I like. Eric wears a Suspiria shirt on Live in London. At the time I had never heard of that band, but I downloaded a couple of songs, liked them, and then bought the cd.

Susperia?

Yeah, their from Norway I think. Check out the cd Unlimited, it's good. They have a new album out called Cut From Stone, but it's only been released in Europe so far. I read an interview with one of the guys in the band and he mentioned Testament as one of their main influences.

Yeah, their from Norway I think. Check out the cd Unlimited, it's good. They have a new album out called Cut From Stone, but it's only been released in Europe so far. I read an interview with one of the guys in the band and he mentioned Testament as one of their main influences.

Hehe yeah, I'm a long time Susperia fan, got their two lates records, and Unlimited is their best in my opinion!...you wrote "Suspiria" so I just checked if you ment the thrashy Susperia:headbang:

Hehe yeah, I'm a long time Susperia fan, got their two lates records, and Unlimited is their best in my opinion!...you wrote "Suspiria" so I just checked if you ment the thrashy Susperia:headbang:

Yeah, I misspelled it. I didn't look at the cd first. So, Cut From Stone isn't better than Unlimited?