New nevermore clip

Yeah....that's kind of stupid. Just because they use dissnonant chords doesn't mean they sound like Opeth.

anyone who cant admit that first riff sounds like opeth must be joking.

thats the only thing I've heard from nevermore i've actually liked though.. maybe cause theres no vocals.. i dont dig the vocals... i'll definitely keep an eye on this album..

Okay, that one riff does sound like Opeth because it's a diminished chord progression. But it's called a diminished chord progression, not an Opeth progression. But as a whole, no.

Barking Pumpkin said:
Okay, that one riff does sound like Opeth because it's a diminished chord progression. But it's called a diminished chord progression, not an Opeth progression. But as a whole, no.

Demilich said:
Someone should tell them to come up with a better album name before it's too late! How lame can they get?
hehe, just go on the Nevermore board on UM, Warrel Dane is posting pretty regularly these days.

That riff actually does remind me of Opeth, but there's nothing wrong with that, I'm actually digging that riff right now. Besides, I'm sure those chords occur plenty of times outside of Opeth's music, its not like they invented that sound.

Yes. I have to say that the whole "intelligent" view of how god is stupid is wearing thin with me. All these bands think they're so original because they have something to say against God and religion, and they don't seem any more like "individuals" or "creative thinkers" to me than any of the Christian people they don't like so much do.

Summary: It's pretty childish and cliche. I'm sure the music will be good, though.

Barking Pumpkin said:
Yes. I have to say that the whole "intelligent" view of how god is stupid is wearing thin with me. All these bands think they're so original because they have something to say against God and religion, and they don't seem any more like "individuals" or "creative thinkers" to me than any of the Christian people they don't like so much do.

Summary: It's pretty childish and cliche. I'm sure the music will be good, though.
Have you read Warrel's lyrics? I am sure it will not be simple and childish, and probably not against God or religion.