New Satyricon song "Black Crow on a Tombstone" posted

:lol:@Satirycon.
Anyhow, they've moved a lot farther away from their original sound and in a much more original and interesting direction than Dimmu Borgir has (although obviously both bands are currently much worse than when they started).

:lol:@Satirycon.
Anyhow, they've moved a lot farther away from their original sound and in a much more original and interesting direction than Dimmu Borgir has (although obviously both bands are currently much worse than when they started).

I'll agree with part of this but honestly I fail to hear anything interesting in Satyricon's last few releases.

Yeah, but what about all that uncharted black 'n' roll territory you mentioned earlier? There's nothing uncharted going on here. The song isn't even interesting rock music. It's just horribly derivative and mediocre, with retarded lyrics and pathetic vocals.

I'm saying that the black'n'roll is going somewhere different. They may be derivative but they're part of something new-ish.

I think the song is pretty meh. I was really hoping they'd go for a different sound than on "Now, Diabolical" but it seems like the new song is still of that style. I hope the rest of the album isn't like this...

What happened to this band damnit? crappy vocals, lyrics, drums and the song repeat over and over the same riff. The only thing I like is the guitar sound, reminds me of Thorns.