New song/Mix, Looking to upload stems if there is demand

tobin1

Aug 30, 2008
TN
Hola everyone, heres a track from my band Create The Monster (facebook.com/createthemonster) How is the mix? Also if there is enough people wanting to have mixing practice I will post up the stems for you all to give it a try!

Let me know what ya think guys,
-Chris

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2580845/Track51.mp3

sounds good man, but it could use some more low end, pretty much all around. and the drums really need some humanization. you can tell from how every snare hit and cymbal hit sounds pretty static.

but yea, if you'd like to throw the stems up, I'd love to have a go at it, and I know tons of other people here would too.

Thanks for the feedback jack, ill try and fiddle with the low end a tad, and yes this is a 2+year old song so the midi is still not very humanized.

And felipe, Im not understanding why would you would post something like "you need a producer", that has nothing to do with why i posted this at all.

I'll post the stems later on today

The high are very aggressive. Can't listen to the mix more than 30sec without getting a headache ^^. Too harsh for me
You should look at these area before raising the low. Maybe you even won't need to raise them after that.
Overall, the writing is very good. This song really deserves a good mix !

I would look at the top end of the guitars, maybe low pass them around 7-9k and see if that helps with the fizz. I really think the tracks need to be pocketed, that would tighten up the track a ton and make it super punchy.

Cheers
-Cory