New Thread

alrighty. The art is directly related to the name of the band which is sort of an americanized version of the word martröð (mareride) which means nightmare in icelandic supposedly in the old folklore of Iceland and scandinavian and germanic culture the "Mara" is a horse riding malignant wraith that causes nightmares and our name revolves around that. And we used the theme of a horse due to this as well as our original name "Pale Horse" We use the Horse theme quite a bit in our lyrics as well...especially on our older songs. And we like the imagery.

in all honesty the name of hte band has been a pain in the ass for a while....its really fucking hard to find a name that's not already taken..unless you go for the trendy prepositional phrase style name....like all th e 'core bands these days use. Your'e best off just making some shit up based on vague folklore and mythical references.

i went with the "time of year + stationary inanimate object". There's a New Zealand band with the same name but as two words instead of my one, so I think we are reasonably distinct, at least for now. I'm not changing it unless they make me :lol: