Nightwish In-Store Signing/Performance Announced for NJ

Trogdor 666

Brawltrocuted
Aug 15, 2007
Voorhees, NJ
Hey Everyone in the NJ/Southern NY/Eastern PA area, it was announced that Nightwish will be doing a signing and a small performance at my FAVORITE music store ever, Vintage Vinyl in Fords, NJ!

Here's the link to the story: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=81291

And here's the copy & pasted version:

"Finnish/Swedish symphonic metal band NIGHTWISH has scheduled a special in-store performance at Vintage Vinyl Records in Fords, New Jersey on October 19 at 6:00 p.m. Pre-order the group's new CD, "Dark Passion Play" at this location to get a wristband which will guarantee admittance to the in-store."

I got a bunch of stuff signed by Lordi a few weeks back, but they couldn't perform so this should be an extra special occasion! Who else is down for this Mini-Nightwish experience?

Well, at least they are doing M&G's outside of Philly. As I am going to Philly and NYC. If you miss the Philly M&G, this is a great consolation.

YES!!! I'll have to meet you there, we shall discuss/plan. I wonder if preordering from their online store counts? Cuz it's quite a trek for me...

Well, it's closer for you to get there than me! I'm probably going up there to preorder it for a little bit this upcoming weekend just so I can make sure because I didn't see anywhere to preorder it from their online store.

Sounds like the goddess of Tel is magicing me up an appearance here! ::dance!::

http://yebotv.com
Nightwish to Invade the US!

Few artists achieve the success that Finnish orchestral metal pioneers Nightwish have acquired, and in their second inception, the band are poised for an international explosion. Nightwish have announced a fall North American tour and YeboTV is proud to broadcast their live in-store from the Vintage Vinyl Record store in New Jersey on Friday October 19, 2007 @ 6 PM EST.

This tour marks the band's first time on US soil since August 2004, readily armed with new vocalist Anette Olzon. Distinctively a unique fusion of guitars, keyboards and rapid-fire percussion, topped off with breathtaking operatic style vocals, Nightwish delivers an unforgettable live show. The band recently released a new album, Dark Passion Play, which features the charity single "Eva", the single "Amaranth", and the single "Bye Bye Beautiful" on September 28, 2007.

The band is excited to bring the new era of their career to eager North American fans. Brace yourself, Nightwish have arrived to reclaim their US throne as symphonic metal masters!

Free registration needed to view YeboTV webcasts

Be afraid. The world will get to hear (us cheering) and possibly see (if they show the crowd) a fair handful of us eastern OSAers. More may be planning to go, i don't know, but Teleute, Tramz, Trogdor, and Zellie will all be in attendance.

Tonight at Vintage Vinyl, 51 Lafayette Rd. Fords, NJ !! :kickass:

Finnish/Swedish symphonic metallers NIGHTWISH will perform live TODAY (Friday, October 19) at New Jersey's legendary independent record store Vintage Vinyl (51 Lafayette Road-Fords, NJ) at 6:00 p.m. (EST). The event is being produced by YeboTV.com and will be offered to fans as a free webcast stream worldwide.

Vintage Vinyl are making available to fans autographed copies of the band's debut Roadrunner Records CD Dark Passion Play who are not able to attend the in store performance. Visit www.vvinyl.com for ordering information.

Speaking to YeboTV from New York's Nokia Theatre on Times Square last night, Nightwish's bassist/vocalist Marco Hietala had this to say about the Vintage Vinyl event: "We will be doing a 30 minute full electric set of songs from the new album. We are very much looking forward to the performance and meeting our fans. I really did not have any idea just how big this event has turned out to be until now. I had better not tell the rest of the band the whole world will be watching or they may get nervous (haha)"

Nightwish are currently in the midst of a headlining US tour. Fan response to new lead vocalist Anette Olzon has been positive. Hietala adds, "Tuomas (Holopainen) is feeling a bit under the weather right now but he is getting checked out and we hope to have him back to full health soon. The tour has been going very well so far."

In addition to being streamed live on the YeboTV and Vintage Vinyl sites, Nightwish's performance can also be viewed and heard on these official host sites:

Australia - BrisMetal
Belgium - Metal To Infinity
Brazil- Rock Underground
Canada - Bravewords.com
Finland - Finnish Metal
France - Metallian
Germany - Rock Hard
Greece - Forgotten Scroll
Norway - Streets
United Kingdom - Live 4 Metal
United States - SMN

A forthcoming exclusive Nightwish interview will be filmed in Cleveland, Ohio on October 24 and will be available to view on YeboTV.com in late October.

The signing was more relaxed than the M&G at Philly (which was more "sign, GO! sign, GO!" than meet and greet. Tel and Tramz and I hit the most unfortunate traffic and missed all but the last minute of the concert. But we had much fun in the line, met up with great people, and entertained the band with the plushies.

Those of you old-timers may remember that I never did make a Tarja plush... I didn't make an Anette one BUT I brought her the empty doll body. She mourned over it very dramatically. Tuomas made weird faces at his but looked it over very carefully. Jukka looked SO surprised that there was one for him and he was impressed by the tattoos but mentioned that I missed the one on the back of his neck! Marco.... poor Marco kept blushing at Tel's and my Finnish Chin Milkers shirts XD Emppu was very cheery about his... he kept waving the trench coat ends together saying "I'm BATMAN!"

Pictures forthcoming.... next week once I get back to Georgia and settle in at home ;p

withTuomas.jpg

withEmppu.jpg

OSAers.jpg

beardmilkers.jpg

I still think in all of these pictures, poor Tuomas looks like "*resignated sigh* more pictures.."

I had hoped Marco would turn around before i snapped that one of Zellie and Teleute with Emmpu but no such luck. I guess i could have called his name, but hello, rude :p Even i'm not *that* obnoxious. ;]

Their reactions to those dolls were great, especially Anette's deflated yet-to-be-created form. She was like "This is me?!" haha.