no touring because of no of time?

opacity

Sep 17, 2001
[lower austria]
have you ever heard of bands who don't (cannot) go on tour because they cannot synchronise their (the members' ) vacation time ?
apparently i'm talking about bands who have jobs and not plenty of free time throughout the year.

opacity said:
have you ever heard of bands who don't (cannot) go on tour because they cannot synchronise their (the members' ) vacation time ?
apparently i'm talking about bands who have jobs and not plenty of free time throughout the year.

Yes.

Next question ?

D-KOM said:
So when you are from austria you´ll surely find more than one band with this problem... ;-)

Ah KOM, you're from Austria! Well then....let's throw another shrimp on the barbie!

opacity said:
great.
name some, please.

@D-KOM: you're right. :dopey:

It would pretty much be easier to name those taht don't - it would be a rare metal band that can afford to earn a living from metal to the extent that they can tour whenever and wherever they like :p

Shadow Gallery are the most perfect example. They make albums since 1992, they are one of the best (if not THE BEST) prog bands of our times (our times = mid 90s until now) and never gave any live show. Maybe i missed the 100% of the topic's subject, but what the heck..

what about Brujeria?

i'm going to see them saturday and this is the first time i've heard about them touring in the states since i've been listening to them (since about '98). me and my friends have been waiting for them to come around here.

@Opacity - Is there a special reason why you ask about the vacation problems of some bands? I mean, thats the main problem the most of the underground bands, my own too...

I think the better question to ask would be, what bands ARE able to tour/live fom their music career without working day jobs, etc. That will get you better answers as your previous question you could answer with 90% of the bands out there.

there is the same discussion on another forum.
for some weird reason too many people believe most bands do have plenty of time to tour - i wanted to collect opinions/statements/names from various places and present them as an overal "proof" against.

Plus you have to take interesting examples of bands like Nevermore. You would think those guys would be living off their music albums ago but this only became reality just recently, once they got out of their old contract and were able to renegotiate. Before that they were all (heck maybe they still are just in case!) working other jobs, but they had flexible enough jobs they could still tour when they needed. They just couldn't live off he earnings all that much.