Norwegian Black Metal (and related)

astarte

Nov 23, 2001
Visit site
Since most threads here seem to revolve around the same bands and mainly "mainstream" bands, I thought this could help broaden some people's horizons. The idea is to recommend bands (that not necessarily have to be generic Black Metal) with a brief description.

If it doesn't turn out the way it was intended and turns into spam, I'll delete it.

Help me!
1) Does anybody in here know In The Woods... web site address [if there is such things]. Please!

2) Are Einherjer doing any new stuff after "Norwegian Native Art"?

3) Dødheimsgard. I haven't heard any new news from them. Are they still active?

- red_beef [that was over-reacted :rolleyes: :p]

Ok, here we go
1) You can find a link for In The Woods' site at www.prophecyproductions.de . I'm not sure if the site is functional but it should contain information (at the prophecy website check at the artists category)

2) I haven't heard any news from the band lately but I'm not really interested in them, so it's possible I have missed something.

3) They currently use the name DHG and should release a new album in the near future.

As for introductions to new bands I'd like to mention one that many of you may have heard but the release of their debut album is going to be a very important thing for the Norwegian scene. I'm talking about Virus, the new band of Carl-Michael Eide of Ved Buens Ende. Their style will be probably close to that of Ved Buens Ende and their album will be released by Jester Records. I'm anxiously waiting....

Originally posted by red_beef
Help me!
1) Does anybody in here know In The Woods... web site address [if there is such things]. Please!

2) Are Einherjer doing any new stuff after "Norwegian Native Art"?

3) Dødheimsgard. I haven't heard any new news from them. Are they still active?

- red_beef [that was over-reacted :rolleyes: :p]

1 www.inthewoods.de

2 they should release a new album "Ethics Of The Spear" in the autumn

3 still active as DHG

Bloodthorn: I think they're pretty OK. Black metal with some kind of mythological/pagan/folky stuff mixed in. Haven't
found a home page yet.

Windir: Just bought their third release 1184 and I love it (kinda addicted to metal with pagan influences).
Windir

Originally posted by Karldin
Bloodthorn: I think they're pretty OK. Black metal with some kind of mythological/pagan/folky stuff mixed in. Haven't
found a home page yet.

Windir: Just bought their third release 1184 and I love it (kinda addicted to metal with pagan influences).
Windir

Bloodthorn: two first albums are nothing special. they last album "Under The Reign Of Terror" is much different. more death metal than black

Windir: yeah... all Windir albums are fucking great!!! very orinal black with some folkish stuff

heres some of my faves.. most of you probably know them already though..

trelldom: the album "til et annet.." is awesome.. harsh black metal, with great production and sound.

kampfar: my favourite folk-black metal band.. if you want song-recomendations, check out "i ondskapens kunst"..

kvist: only gave out one album, before they disappeared from the scene.. :( still, its they gave out one of my fave records ever "for kunsten må vi evig vike" it has some really great drumming and atmosphere

tulus: this band later on developed into khold.. and they sound pretty much the same, great! :)

hmm.. other worth checking out if you havent already:

tsjuder: raw brutal black metal :heh:

1349: kinda like darkthrone..

fleurety: pretty interesting black metal.. unusual.

perished: good black metal with synth.. local band (trondheim)

ah hell theres plenty.. :)

Originally posted by Karldin
found a home page yet.

Windir

Since Blackspirit told me the guitarist "sings" the way he did live, I can't make up my mind to buy Windir's album.
Sorry, but I can't listen to an album, where I go on particular part like "Uuuaaaaaaarggg - noooooooooooo":ill: :yuk:

He can't sing, that clean vox just suxxx, at least it did at the Inferno festival!

Originally posted by Morgana

He can't sing, that clean vox just suxxx, at least it did at the Inferno festival!

on Windir's last album this guy don't sang. clean vocals sang Comocarator ot whatever called a guy from Source Of Tide. i mean bassist SOT, not Lord PZ

@bang

imho Trelldom & Kampar are bore. i know a lots of better bands. but bring up a question Kvist & Tulus i agree. Tulus for me is much better than bored Khold. i don't understand why they split up and became to Khold??? it's stupid... Tulus played more orginal, melodic...

got the next infos tonight at the Satyricon party >

About DHG > Jens Ryland from Borknagar will not join DHG, but perhaps Paradigma...he organized the 2 first editions of the norwegian Inferno festival.

-----------------------
yes, like also Windir,
Darkthrone, Zyklon, Thorns ... so many to mention!

Originally posted by Tribalchemy
About DHG > Jens Ryland from Borknagar joined the band as second guitarist and they will have to find a rehearsel place and then they will record the next album. Jens will also arrange a tour when the next album is out... he organized the 2 first editions of the norwegian Inferno festival.
cool! i can't wait for a new album! :)

Thanks for the recommendations, there's some I'm really curious about :)

Originally posted by Tribalchemy
About DHG > Jens Ryland from Borknagar joined the band as second guitarist and they will have to find a rehearsel place and then they will record the next album. Jens will also arrange a tour when the next album is out... he organized the 2 first editions of the norwegian Inferno festival.

-----------------------
yes, like also Windir,
Darkthrone, Zyklon, Thorns ... so many to mention!

I'm looking forward to this as well.