NR: Now Reading post :)

Marlies

veteran headbanger \m/
Jan 3, 2002
Regina, SK, Canada
www.wobben.org
NR: Lord Of The Rings - 2nd book, Two Towers

Unbelievable that it took me so long to finally get to read that trilogy!! It's the BEST I've ever read!!!! I love the topics since I love fantasy and they way Tolkien writes is just brilliant!! I only read when I go to bed, and often I'm too tired, but when I do it's hard to put it away again!!! Exciting:)

PS This thread could also be used for an interesting article or interview you've just been reading, for example...... right?

Fantastic book, read it twice so far.
Hehehe and Marlies.....it's unbelieveable how long it takes you to read through that book :D
What do you think: will you have finished the 2nd book until part II of the movie will be shown in the cinema? (this is a serious question for a change ;) )

I must say that I don't read as much as I used to.
But I'm currently reading (and this will come as a surprise to some of you - NOT! :D ) yet another book about Sweden :)

(edit: I forgot about my now reading part :rolleyes: )

Actually it surprises me too that I need so long.. I started in the summer of last year I think and thus in the book I was in Bree when the movie came out. Now I'm at the ports of Mordor, chapter V - 60 more pages to go in book 2, so YES! I'll make it before the movie :lol: :hotjump:

I guess it takes me so long because sometimes weeks go by without reading. As soon as I'm in the story again I can't imagine why I wouldn't read at least an hour a night, tired or not;) It's SO thrilling!!!
:OMG:

NR: LOTR - The Two Towers

Originally posted by Gaunerin

I must say that I don't read as much as I used to.
But I'm currently reading (and this will come as a surprise to some of you - NOT! :D ) yet another book about Sweden :)

(edit: I forgot about my now reading part :rolleyes: ) [/B]

So what is your "relationship" to Sweden ? Just curios, as I`ve seen a couple of comments by now from you about this great country. I´m a "fan" myself, I´ve been there about 10 times.
Cheerz

Originally posted by Cold Gin
I´m a "fan" myself

There you have it. That's all about my relation to Sverige as well. Unfortunately I'm far from being over there regularly :cry: - but I definitely need to go there next year again, and be it just a few days.

I cannot really describe how and why I feel so much for that country. Maybe you, being a "fan" yourself, will know what I mean.
I've never been to Norway and Finland so far, though I most definitely want to pay those countries a visit as well. I have shelves packed with books about the northern countries.
Still, my main focus is on Sweden and there's still this little dream I have about living there. It will probably never happen but it's so damn nice thinking about it.

And, finally, next year in spring, I'm starting a Swedish language course :) I tried to learn via self-study a few years ago but I didn't get very far, so I thought of seeking company with some others with similar interests.

Skål!
beerchug.gif

P.S. k-mac, my fellow finnish metal brother.... having made this confession about Sweden: are we still friends now?

hehehe......thankies! :)
And yes....I hope I'll make it to Finland in the not too far future as well.

NR: other than still that book about Sverige: UM forums :p

Gaunerin - Oddly, as you want to move to Sweden, I want to move to Deutschland. I have plans in the works for a job transfer, but on the best timetable, it would be another three years before I could move there with the company I am with.

@ 97reb:
now....it's a cool thing if you get the opportunity to work for your company over here. What kind of company is it? Would this be for a limited amount of time? Do you already have an idea of where in Germany you would live? Do you already speak some German? Hehe....this is exciting :)

NR: finished with that book about Sweden, next up is a brief biography about Astrid Lindgren (hehe....it's still Sweden-related ;) )

@ Gaunerin:
a retail company Wal-Mart, it may be known as InterSpar there. I'm not sure. I have a degree in psychology, but the pay is better working in a store selling stuff. The positions they offer are for 2-3 years with a possibilty of renewing or moving to a different position. I'm not sure where in Germany I would like to live. Wherever the most Metal concerts are!!!! I have taken German at School, but I am far from fluent. From what I can tell from college, my pronunciation of the words is quite good. I just don't always know what words to say. I can only understand others when they sprechen langsam, bitte. I can read German and understand it fairly well.

We have Wal-Mart and InterSpar over here. And I must say that the conditions/possibilites for your work over here sound quite good. I hope it will be as good as it sounds at this point. Still, you've got plenty of time to plan things :)

As for best city to live......no idea. All big cities should be ok metal-wise...a great place for gigs is definitely the area called "Ruhrgebiet" and everything that is close to it. And I'm not only saying this because I live there ;) But you can probably not choose yourself where to go anyway.
Oh...and I'm rather surprised you have taken German in school. It's not that common, is it? Anyway...it seems you have the best qualifications to make it here :)

If people take internstional languages at University, most take Spanish(40%), then french(35%), then German(15%), then whatever is left, Russian, Portugese, etc... I'm guessing on the percentages, but it is probably close.
Most Americans are afraid of the German language, because they say it sounds so harsh. I think it sounds beautiful, but most americans don't like Metal either and I also find Metal great to hear.
I will check out Ruhrgebiet on the internet!!!!

NR: "JGTHM. Juhr gait tu Hewi Mettäl. Heavy Metal: Bands, Fakten, Hintergründe. Eine ernsthafte Satire." by Till Burgwächter.

It's a satire upon Metal, luckily written by a Metal fan. Just got it yesterday and I already started reading. Entertaining :D

nope, sorry. And to translate it wouldn't make too much sense. It's very much based upon the scene in Germany and it also has a great deal of puns which just cannot be translated.

...you didn't miss _that_ much, 97reb. It certainly was entertaining but nothing essential.

I just ordered that infamous "Lords of Metal" book. I expect it to be crap though.