O/T The cover song thread..the good, the bad and the fuckin' ugly!

GregadetH

ENCYCLOPEDIA SLAYTANICA
Mar 13, 2002
Your FKN' face!
Visit site
Good
Shock the Monkey - Coal Chamber w/ OZZY

Bad
Metallica - 53rd and 3rd

Fuckin' ugly
Kelly Osbourne w/ OZZY - Changes

I was helping my g/f DJ a middle shool dance when some prissy lil bitch requests this..mind you, I've avoided this cover like the plague and now that I've heard it I'm taking a drill to my eardrums.

My god.:ill:

what about Fred Durst doing that Who cover "behind blue eyes". if i ever get the chance to meet him im going to kick him in the balls as hard as i can

I can't think of too many covers off the top of my head right now, but here goes:

Best-Johnny Cash doing Rusty Cage (Soundgarden)
Worst-I had the displeasure of hearing about 5 seconds of that Will Hung guy do Hotel California on the radio this morning, but that's beyond ugly.

Fred Durst again!! Lets not forget that cover of 'Bring The Noise' he did with the guy from Staind. Really Really Bad!!!!! Looks like we gotta kick him again when hes down Old School!!!! :tickled:

I dont mind that cover of 'Behind Blue Eyes', never heard the original though.

fuelee2004 said:
Fred Durst again!! Lets not forget that cover of 'Bring The Noise' he did with the guy from Staind. Really Really Bad!!!!! Looks like we gotta kick him again when hes down Old School!!!! :tickled:

I dont mind that cover of 'Behind Blue Eyes', never heard the original though.

Bring the noise was butchery at its finest when they covered it...and plz tell me you've herd of little band called 'The Who'?:Spin:

ahh i forgot to mention the good,planet caravan is absolutely killer,when u practically turn it into your own song i dont think u can do much better!

i wish i could say anthrax but while they do good covers i dont really like there song choices,again i think frank had alot to do with what was being covered,the police and u2 etc

Good=Easy, Commodores cover by Faith No More, Slayer covering Guilty of Being White from Minor Threat. Bad=Flotsam and Jetsam covering Saturday Nights Alright for Fighting. Ugly=Busta Rhymes and Ozzy doing Iron Man.

Good: Farmer Boys cover of "Never let me down again" or Faith No Mores cover of "Greenfields".

Bad: All Saints cover of "Under the bridge".

Ugly: Every song Britney has covered. She knows how to destroy songs with her whining.

Good- Viking-Pat Benatar's "Hell Is for Children"
Bad-Agent Felix-Baby Got Back
Ugly-Slappy beat me to it. heres another Mack 10 & Ice Cube doing The Clash-"Should I Stay or Should I Go" hate it when they change the words to a song. dont remember The Clash or Ozzy saying Bitches & Ho's back when they started

The Good---Tori Amos doing Slayers Raining Blood, Johnny Cash doing Danzigs 13, Anthrax doing the Polices' Next To You, andThe Ramones, Were a Happy Family, and AC/DC Walk all Over you, and the Blue Man Group doing an awsome rendition of The Whos Baba O'Reiley

The Bad---Rob Zombie doing (actually butchering) Blitzkreig Bop

The Ugly---The Misfits entire Project 1950 Album

Metallica doing Nick Cave´s Loverman is a fucking killer.
Anthrax doing Metallica´s Phantom Lord is also a fucking killer.
I once heard some Smashing Pumpkins´Cherub Rock cover by I don´t know who which totally sucked ass.
Also Nirvana covering Kiss´Do You Love Me sucked as well.
Oh yeah and I heard King Diamond tribute album, done by mostly black and death bands.
Some of them-VERY GOOD! Some of them-FUCKIN SUCKED!