Official Brainstorm Fanclub!!!

I'd like to slap all BRAINSTORM fans for not embracing this as they should have but alas my arms are not that long.:mad:
Only a new kick ass album and imminent Australian tour can compensate me.:)

Yeah, i was a bit sad Andy (i hope i remember his name correctly) stopped the club quite fast again, It had about 15 (iirc) international members.

Its a bit weird, i think there woudl be enough brainstorm fans, but they are actually a bit afraid of using the internet and the official brainstorm forum. I post on this board for about 3 years, and there wasnt really activity since then. Only when a new album was announced/released the traffic rose a bit. I love the mercenary board (no comparsions to brainstorm :p!) because its quite active, new posts everyday (i dont even read all, but there is new posts quite often!).

Maybe the band members should do a bit more "marketing" for the website and espcially for the board. ITS DEAD END HERE!!! You can count the active members on 2, lets say 3 hands. "Active" in the sense of "more than 1 post in 3 months"...

Its a bit sad, really. Its not 1995 when no one had access to the internet. 50% of the people now have access... it cant be there is only 15 fans of brainstorm :cry:

Frank is his name ;)
I think fanclubs aren't so popular anymore since you can find all recent info on the net these days.

A disadvantage of BS (in terms of popularity) is that they don't tour very much. Touring bands get a LOT more attention and with that website visitors and discussion partners. Since I'm also involved in Into Eternity I see the huge difference and it must be the same for Mercenary, who also tour a lot. And it would IMO make a big difference if band members would participate.. but if they can't find the time for it next to their day time jobs, family and band activities, what can you do...

But even then it's hard to say how it goes. For Into Eternity it's pretty good on the forum as long as they are touring, but the yahoo group is pretty dead and 2 years ago it was very lively with more local people. So popularity doesn't garantee a lively forum or group either. It's probably a combination of that and having the right people on board that keep conversations going...

Frank is his name ;)
I think fanclubs aren't so popular anymore since you can find all recent info on the net these days.

Nahhh... shame on me i forgot him... sorry Frank, if you read this! :)

A disadvantage of BS (in terms of popularity) is that they don't tour very much. Touring bands get a LOT more attention and with that website visitors and discussion partners.

Thats pretty much the point. But a band cant just tour around i think ;-)

np: judas priest - the sentinel

They could, but it's a choice you make.. either tour "all the time", live on tourbus more than at home, hoping that eventually you can make enough money to pay your basic bills (if you don't lose money on tour, can do some temp jobs in between or have some business that still generates some income when you're away) - or have a real job to support yourself, the family and the house etc with a bit more financial security and then consequently just tour in your vacation time or some extra off time. The first is Into Eternity and the last is Brainstorm :D

Both paths have pros and cons, but I can't deny the fact that IE are getting ahead a lot more (in the US anyway) with their heavy touring over there. Still that's not everyone's cup of tea or realistic possibillity of course for various reasons (and I certainly don't mean to say a band should do it this or that way).