Official Off Topic Thread

I don't like Cairo and hope they aren't going to play this event....

I'll take some Japanese bands like Naikaku, Happy Family or Koenji Hyakkei!

It says that Suspyre will only play for 35 minutes? Are you kidding me? They should get at least an hour! And this concert is only an hour and a half long? What do they think this is, a hardcore concert? They expect 2 prog metal bands who each have very long songs to play their own sets in less than an hour and a half while the people under 21 pay an extra 5 bucks more than the people over 21? I'm not losing sleep over this or anything, but this just sounds like the worst concert ever. I don't know how you can be satisfied paying to see Suspyre play for 35 then leaving after.

I totally understand your point bro. This is a smaller show, though. Neither band are playing headlining sets. There will be more bands announced and they might be in the same style, but I'm not 100% sure. To be fair, door cover is very cheap. You can come in, watch Suspyre and Creation's End (both bands put AWESOME live shows, it's no wonder Creation's End is playing this year's ProgPower) and still get home pretty early. It's a pretty good deal.

Believe me, it's not "the worst concert ever". Both bands are working with very competent people behind them (between management and booking agents) that are really good at what they're doing. There's several factors that you might not know about when it comes to booking a show like this. Just give both bands a chance to see them. It'll be worth it. :)

...imagining physically harming the asshole who's playing very loud music in the block next to mine for 4 straight hours now... Fuking pop chart list...I hate living on campus. Thankfully, only for two more months.

DSCN0274.jpg

Something i drew up in an art class today, seeing as I had 2 hours to waste. I forget what the technique is called....like pointillism or something :Spin: