"OLD SHOOL CONCERTS"

muzmaze

pyramontyrsuidvan
Mar 28, 2006
N.H., USA
WOOPS. meant old school not old shool.

Been to a few "old school" concerts in the past few years, can give you the band / venue and a brief review (but no exact dates).

Any others who attended w/ opinion or reviews?

1. Van Halen @ Worc. MA.- the reunion that I thought would never happen. My "old school" heroes had great presentation and seemed to enjoy themselves as much as the crowd. The VH w/ DLR songs / setlist was long awaited and great to hear.

2. Judas Priest reunion @ Manch.NH.- the most loudest, powerful and clearest sounding concert I've ever seen. Impressed after all these years to see just how good they were. Blew the roof off the f-in place!

3. Tesla @ Hamp. NH.- these vet rockers sure delivered the goods! Seeing them in a rather small intimate venue was special. The highlite of that summer!

4. Iron Maiden @ Worc. MA.- great presentation as usual. I just think Janick is holding them back a bit. Not to pick on him but I would much rather hear the two headed monster in Murray & Smith ripping it up and playing more rare classics instead of the muddled-out 3-guitars sound.

5. Queensryche @ Manch. NH.- supported Priest on this tour. Seemed a bit uninspired and just turned down and not powerful enough. I don't think this band has been the same since the departure of C. Degarmo, I really miss him. All in all an ok performance.

With Queensryche in your list, I'll add:
Queensryche in Detroit 2006 Mindcrime Tour:
By far the best sounding concert I've ever seen. The Mix was AWESOME. I mean it was like having a mix on empire, except happening LIVE. Band's performance was incredible too. Tate was on top of his game. Sang much better than on MC@TM.

Good to hear, since what you've mentioned was after the show I seen and followed by my disappoinment of op-mc2. Regardless my overall support and appreciation of this band does not waiver.

Muz.... you going to the Station Benefit show in RI? Twisted Sister, Stryper, and I think one or two more bands.

Edit: Cannot forget Tesla!

"Artists: John Rich (Big & Rich), Alabama’s Randy Owen, Dierks Bentley, Kellie Pickler, Gretchen Wilson, Tom Scholz (Boston), Aaron Lewis, Tesla, Twisted Sister, Kevin Max, Stryper, Marc Bonilla who will serve as music director for the benefit, Carmine Appice’s SLAM!, Gary Pihl (Boston), Eric Martin (Mr. Big), Danny Seraphine with CTA, Gary Hoey and others still to be announced"

http://www.stationfamilyfund.org/

4. Iron Maiden @ Worc. MA.- great presentation as usual. I just think Janick is holding them back a bit. Not to pick on him but I would much rather hear the two headed monster in Murray & Smith ripping it up and playing more rare classics instead of the muddled-out 3-guitars sound.

Was this with Dio and Motorhead? I went to that tour, and enjoyed myself thoroughly (even though the seats sucked).

Was this with Dio and Motorhead? I went to that tour, and enjoyed myself thoroughly (even though the seats sucked).

Yes it was. Dio's drummer was f-in incredible! Not a big Motorhead guy. Had sum good floor seats, it was cool.

edit: Bon Jovi & Nickleback @ Foxboro MA.
BJ setlist was great but sound was...eh?
NB sounded good but the singer drove me nuts with his continuous rants. The best part of the (pre) show was tailgating and seeing the Pats (summer camp) practicing. Getting a first hand look at the home of my Patriots, because I have never seen a game live, was cool.

Non metal shows

Kiss (HITS tour) w/Slaughter and some wanna be biker band @Weedsport NY--good show, mostly older songs, good stage show with the sphinx

Kiss (revenge tour) w/Faster Pussycat @Binghampton NY--mostly same set list as HITS tour with 2 or 3 revenge songs

Fates Warning (93ish) @ Lost Horizon Syracuse NY. Excellent show, surprised at amount of older material they played

Dio (94) @ Lost Horizon Syracuse, NY. Good show, good stage presence.

I couldn't attend that tour :erk:, still breaks my heart. I hope nevertheless to see Maiden in a couple of weeks, already seen Dio, so Motorhead is what I need.

NP: Warlock - 'Make Time For Love'