OM - Pilgrimage

IOfTheStorm

Gogol Bordello
Mar 28, 2002
Athens-Greece
www.monolith.gr
l_ae626f302400e6cc67d515449ca65be9.jpg

OM rules, ive been looking forward to this one! Al Cisneros has the biggest stack of bass cabs the world has ever seen. new High on Fire this month too (which im even more excited about)! I'm kinda glad SLEEP broke up when they did, now we have 2 amazing bands.

I was very snobbish (don't ask why, still don't know why) towards Om since their beginning , although sometime after "Conference..." was released, this changed. One night i sat down to listen to it carefully and realized its magic..thank God.

Southern Lord Blog said:
A new dawn awaits!! Southern Lord Recordings and Om have set October 2nd as the official release date for their 3rd (first on Southern Lord) full-length album!! This beast is entitled: “Pilgrimage” and was recorded at Electrical Audio in Chicago, IL. by Steve Albini. The album is currently being mastered by Bob Weston (also in Shellac) at Chicago Mastering Services. “Pilgrimage” expands on their unique use of riff,,, cadence…chant..as heard on previous recordings yet finds the band expanding their vision into new territories. Of particular note is how much the song-writing has developed and in turn makes the dynamics of the songs much more intensely powerful.
The track-listing for “Pilgrimage” is as follows:

1. Pilgrimage
2. Unitive Knowledge of the Godhead
3. Bhimas Theme
4. Pilgrimage (reprise)

A gatefold LP version of the album will also be released sometime shortly after the cd release.

'cause record lables are always the most informative and reliable sources on the quality of their releases

Conference of the Birds took me a long time to "get" but now I do.

Will pick this up. Probably get the first one at the same time since I never bothered to.

This album is fucking AMAZING. I practically shit myself when I saw Steve Albini's name on the producer credits, and the music definitely lives up to both legacies.

I still haven't heard OM's first album, but this one is on track to be just as mindblowing as Dopesmoker upon further consumption.

Nope, Al says he's going on ahead, besides the shame of having to cancel upcoming shows as IoftheStorm mentioned

"Om is continuing forward with a new drummer and working on a new recording. Please check omvibratory.com and the band`s MySpace page for updates.

A live vinyl only LP, Om - Live at Jerusalem, will be forthcoming. This is Chris Hakius` final release with the group.

I personally apologize to east coast fans who planned on coming out to the shows. Please know that Om will be back in your area later in `08.

Thank you to all of you. Live dates resume in late spring. There is a LOT of new material on its way.

Shrinebuilder is also forging ahead.

See you all soon."