On This Day 18 years ago

Officer Nice

Masshole
Oct 7, 2002
On this Day 18 years ago Bay Area's Metallica released their third
studio record changing forever the face of the Thrash Metal.

master.jpg

puppets.jpg

metlive.jpg

metband0.jpg

Hell yeah! 18 yrs back!!? Gee, thats..like...when I was born!
Although my fave MetallicA album is RTL, this album is indeed a masterpiece!
Hails!! :headbang:

Btw, thats a very cool Metallica pic.

Hell Yeah it's so cool that album - but how the hell could a band write an album as great as that and then the same band write an album as crap as St.Anger?!
That is the question you need to ask yourself!
But i've gotta admit that the first 5 metallica albums are like all as good each other in different ways, and i'll never be able to say which i prefer.

Masterpiece millenium step in metal
Come crawling faster obey your Master :Smokedev:

dom said:
but how the hell could a band write an album as great as that and then the same band write an album as crap as St.Anger?!
That is the question you need to ask yourself!
The answer to this one is very easy ----> THEY WIMPED OUT!

And hell yeah M.O.P. is a great album

rockout3.gif
rockout3.gif
rockout3.gif

BEST.

FUCKING.

ALBUM.

EVER.

Darkness Descends, The Legacy, Painkiller, Rust In Peace, etc....all great albums, but none can match the perfect songwriting of Puppets. The album that set the standard for heavy metal, worshipped by everyone from old-school thrashers to young, hungry metal warriors to students of classical music (I shit you not).

Thanks for posting that, Officer, and reminding us just how good metal can get.

Damn, I was like a whopping 2 and a half years old when that came out. Nevertheless, early in the morning I was on line outside my local record store waiting to buy it, 18 years ago today.

Masterpiece of puppets.

First album I ever owned. My neighbor gave me the tape when I was 9 years old. LOL...needless to say I was the only 3rd grader at a private Catholic school with "chop your breakfast on a mirror" written on my binder. I've been trying to find a better album ever since. Still haven't. Probably never will.

Steiner said:
First album I ever owned. My neighbor gave me the tape when I was 9 years old. LOL...needless to say I was the only 3rd grader at a private Catholic school with "chop your breakfast on a mirror" written on my binder. I've been trying to find a better album ever since. Still haven't. Probably never will.

HAHA!!! this is very funny!!!

I went to my first year of grade school with my Iron Maiden Killers T-shirt at 6 years old and the teacher called my mother and asked her not to let me put my brother's shirt to come to school anymore... My mom answered: Fred didn't have his brother's today... it was his!!!

:headbang: