Opeth art

Monkeypit

New Metal Member
May 18, 2009
Hi everyone,

This is an image I did in an attempt to create a look for a animated video I want to do for Drapery Falls. Its a personal project I've wanted to do for 4 years now, but haven't had the time.

Opeth_concept_by_Monkeypit.jpg

Pretty cool. Would you appreciate it if I gave you some critiques or would you be offended?

Pretty cool, though only Mikael's hair is moving with the wind, the other guys' are straight down - not enough shampoo in the tour bus? :D

But seriously, Very good drawing. Kudos to you.

He's obviously being an asshole. Even if it is "the worst thing he's ever seen", he could've given input as to how it could be better, rather than just being a douche.

Nice, I think Mike's hair is a bit too huge at the right though, it sticks really far off the top of his head and looks a little wierd.

He's obviously being an asshole. Even if it is "the worst thing he's ever seen", he could've given input as to how it could be better, rather than just being a douche.

oh it's just i don't like it when bass player wears a hat

Thanks for the comments and critiques everyone. :) I'm still working out the look and this was just my first stab at it. I'm going to do the animation in Flash so I'm trying to keep shapes simple. I played with the size of his face alot and I'm sure I could adjust it some more. While I like do 300 and Sin City this is a style I've actually been using before both of those comic books, I'm 43 years old :Smokedev:

Also so you all know I didn't paint this image. Its just a collage of pictures I found online. Hard to explain all the things I did to make this image in Photoshop, but since I don't have the means to make a film I'm going to use pictures of the band and animate them much like old monty python animations, but better since Flash allows for some pretty cool stuff.

Pretty cool. Would you appreciate it if I gave you some critiques or would you be offended?

Ozzloaf, please feel free to tell me what you think, art is open to interpretation and I'd like to hear what other artists have to say. :)

pretty much the worst thing i've ever seen

My art isn't for everyone.

Older art:

0f86361ed44744db.jpg

945cf06a01def417d651a9a80ca48f17.jpg