Opeth "Australien" Tour

Atreides, the current US setlist is something like 2 or 3 heavy songs, then 2 mellow songs, and then on with the heavy tracks for another 4-5 tracks. You can only pray for the same setlist.
You lucky, lucky bastard...

After their show in sydney last year, opeth showed up at some rock/goth club (club 77 or somethign? I'm not from sydney, cant remember) and talked to everyone. was pretty cool cept for the english language barrier.

wonder if they'll do the same thing this year in melb, i want to thank mikael in person for his wonderful contribution to my otherwise shitty life (I didnt do it in sydney as he was already being hounded by fans and i didnt wanna add to it)

Mikael said (paraphrasing) "We have been thinking about what to play in OZ, because we missed coming out for Damnation, and it is old news now, we will play both heavy and mellow, about 4 damnation songs plus a couple of older mellow tracks and a bunch of heavy stuff"
He also said that the song in regards to the next album being the heaviest shit they have done "I talk to much sometimes... the song I am writing currently has very very heavy stuff and really mellow parts that could fit right on damnation" (paraphrasing)

:)