Opeth going down the tubes? ...

With all the respect, I think that some of you guys are more in love with their "underground" derived identity than the music itself. I'm afraid Opeth isn't your obscure metal band anymore, the DD albums actually scored fucking high on the selling chart. Heck, their live DVD was playing at Sony's store and it's more and more common to see people with Opeth shirts. This is reality, like it or not. I mean, as long as you care for the music itself, what does it matter if Opeth have a Korn t-shirt or opens for fucking Britney Spears? In fact, Mikael said in an old interview that he did like a particular Korn song. Will I stop listening to Porcupine Tree because Steven Wilson is a fan of System of a Down? That's just crasy! To me, Opeth stayed true to themselves during their whole discographie and I'm confident that they'll continue to be so. If you guys are to worship your arcane musical taste, try Velvet Cacoon, Thergothon I don't know...but not Opeth. Otherwise, you'll be disappointed as some already are.

:headbang: Hell Fuck yeah! Well said right there, Rensei. Well said.

I can't say for now. Ask me in about three months then I'll tell you if they went "down the tubes".

''Originally Posted by FRUGiHOYi
Korn pwns you so shut the fuck up. You wish you could be in a band half as unique as they are. Besides, Opeth is not touring with them, get your facts straight. ''

Get your facts straight you idiot. its on the site. so fuck off.die.

affinityband said:
''Originally Posted by FRUGiHOYi
Korn pwns you so shut the fuck up. You wish you could be in a band half as unique as they are. Besides, Opeth is not touring with them, get your facts straight. ''

Get your facts straight you idiot. its on the site. so fuck off.die.
Where?

At the end of the day, Opeth are gaining publicity from this so called 'sell out'. They will gain fans no doubt, that means more money for the band, to produce more of the stuff we all love. I don't see the problem, take the shit in the short term, in the long term, everyones a winner. And I think the street team is a good idea... It means we get free stuff at gigs, whats the problem there?